Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Looking at the original text and stuff, it's more likely that SEGA won't make international version of PSO2 and more like......uh, language selection in the options (just like Granblue Fantasy)? That seems like what they intended to do, but I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkDV View Post
    I'd rather play the game as a lagging behind version that Sega doesn't care about than tinker with the JP version. I just want things to feel natural, forcing myself into the JP game when I can't speak a lick of Japanese is not a good way for me to enjoy the game. I'm either not playing it, or getting an official release.
    I found this statement to be funny, considering that this is 2016, when people can talk with others across the sea with just pressing a few buttons. Is it hard to try communicate with JP people? There are lots of JP language tutorial in the web, and it things come to worst, Google Translate is your second best friend.

....Well, unless you're the type of people that's "speak my language or GTFO". Which is sad way of thinking, if you ask me.
    Last edited by Zeroem; May 5, 2016 at 09:04 AM.
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.
    .......Mostly because minor things like grammar and mis-spellings*

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichiro Takaki
    "Tits are life, ass is hometown"

If anyone worried how it will going to be, remember PSO2 EN version... uh, SEA version? Why not ask their experience? how is it there. I'm sure some of them are still around in both JP and here. I think that applies to TW and TH version too.

Honestly there shouldn't be any difference, but what makes it huge is, I can smell it's just small community with super loud people in the lobby (and in maps, for pubs), high prices, easier place for market maniplulators, yada yada yada.
    Also, no anime collab if I recall, but this isn't a problem for gameplay-only folks of course. For gameplay-only players, I'm sure it's just fine, especially when they are okay with the content being late.

In the end, no matter how I heard they hate the publisher, the server is still up for them to join (is it?)
    Whichever way SEGA would go to for this one, whichever you folks can individually enjoy to.

Oh one more thing, it'll be the next wave of IP block if it happens.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by SteveCZ; May 5, 2016 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    ....In the end, no matter how I heard they hate the publisher, the server is still up for them to join (is it?)
    Whichever way SEGA would go to for this one, whichever you folks can individually enjoy to.
    The localized servers are still up and running. And they just got the remaining stuff for EP2 (Despair + Matterboard 2-6)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    Oh one more thing, it'll be the next wave of IP block if it happens.
    It just meant that more people will use Tweaker's proxy.....or use another VPN. Nothing much will change honestly.
    Except more lag for Tweaker users.

Inb4 teleporting PDs during Progeny EQ
    Last edited by Zeroem; May 5, 2016 at 09:22 AM.
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.

>if a handful of dedicated fans can do it for free I'm sure they can pay minimum wage to some newbie employees to translate the game's text.

No. You cannot pay a team of professionals the same wages as social security money.
    Just because some person, somewhere, is in a priviledged position where he/she can allow him/herself to do a job for free or for little wage doesn't mean that everyone, in every other country on Earth, has to do the same job for free or virtually free.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroem View Post
    Looking at the original text and stuff, it's more likely that SEGA won't make international version of PSO2 and more like......uh, language selection in the options (just like Granblue Fantasy)? That seems like what they intended to do, but I dunno.

I found this statement to be funny, considering that this is 2016, when people can talk with others across the sea with just pressing a few buttons. Is it hard to try communicate with JP people? There are lots of JP language tutorial in the web, and it things come to worst, Google Translate is your second best friend.

....Well, unless you're the type of people that's "speak my language or GTFO". Which is sad way of thinking, if you ask me.
    I'm actually trying to learn japanese. I just want my games to be native to me, its not worth the hassle at this point, I want to take my learning slow and easy. Honestly, I'm lazy and want an english release. I want sega to do the work for me. OR have Sega of Japan do the legwork like they use to, and include english as a language option, like the original JP version of PSO2. I'm not thinking speak my language or GTFO, the sad way of thinking is that you guys can't see there are just regular people like me that want to play the game a regular way lol.

It's probably not just about translating it, it's how do they localise all the events and stuff that are Japanese centric.

Quote Originally Posted by Nulve View Post
    It's probably not just about translating it, it's how do they localise all the events and stuff that are Japanese centric.
    They should just do this by not worrying about that. People who are buying this game are in to japanese stuff. They shouldn't care about making it seem western.

Also, I just wish sega would care about bringing over THEIR IPs, as opposed to publishing BS like Total War and Alien and crap, those are not sega games.
    Last edited by ClarkDV; May 5, 2016 at 09:44 AM. Reason: added sega rant

Only Episode 4 is japanese centric, and it's not like the west is stranger to animes where characters touch each other their boobs in public baths...

It's way to late in the game for this to work imo.

first there is a chance we could all get IP banned like the sea region and more importantly if they do bring it over and it flops (lets be real its gonna be dead like most other mmos that get brought over this late) it will make sega think that westerners dont want these games and the next time around this will all repeat itself again.

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkDV View Post
    I'm actually trying to learn japanese. I just want my games to be native to me, its not worth the hassle at this point, I want to take my learning slow and easy. Honestly, I'm lazy and want an english release. I want sega to do the work for me. OR have Sega of Japan do the legwork like they use to, and include english as a language option, like the original JP version of PSO2. I'm not thinking speak my language or GTFO, the sad way of thinking is that you guys can't see there are just regular people like me that want to play the game a regular way lol.
    I'm sure your statement contain a contradiction here. You want the game to be your native, but you don't think that the game need to be speaking at your language? Weird.

In any case, the bolded word in your paragraphs is dully noted.