Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Caetho View Post
    The point being that SUMMONER is bad in TMPAs because it is lacking in mobbing and requires too much set-up to work on a major boss EQ. Also, no one mentioned Br/Hu in this discussion, please stay on topic.
    And MY point was that people not doing full MPAs of a single class isn't an indicator of whether the class is good or not in a normal group setting. People keep talking about "set up"... what setup? Torim Spiral and Maron Strike? Su has other DPS PAs, you guys are acting like Forces go around doing 300-500k every 2 second or something.

The point being that SUMMONER is bad in TMPAs because it is lacking in mobbing and requires too much set-up to work on a major boss EQ. Also, no one mentioned Br/Hu in this discussion, please stay on topic.

I might be misunderstanding you here and correct me if I am. But how do you play HuSu if Tacts are not multi-class? If you mean Su main what do you sub with it?
    He uses HuSu, Hu main and Su sub, he uses Hunter weapons and sub Summoner because of the All Attack Bonus, All Attack Up, HP Restorate etc...

Actually it is how i got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

It's hard to judge Summoner assuming not all the pets are out yet.
    So far I only have it for bonus stats and the joy of getting all to level 75, that's it.

I might be misunderstanding you here and correct me if I am. But how do you play HuSu if Tacts are not multi-class? If you mean Su main what do you sub with it?
    Well, Su as a sub, if omitted every unnecessary (as in, not the pre-req for unlocking other skill) pet skills, and focus on stat up etc, its kinda decent as a sub, albeit without stance. HuSu is quite unkillable as someone post in Summoner release thread, which is buried in history a few months ago. That guy get scratch damage from Ultimate Lilipur equivalent of a signo and possibly healed to full after 5 seconds or so.

As for how to Su main.... all class weapon maybe? AQ or exp ticket, its not really that hard to cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Yes, I have which is why I said i have the 13* Pets from playing with it since release, class is beyond bad.

I mean if you think it's good cuz dat solo play by all means but no one full MPAs SU for Mag or PD (or Yamato)
    Makes me wonder if you're playing them correctly... I mean, they are by no means easy mob killer in XH unlike brainless PAs such as Disparse (I say this as a BO main), but they are by no means bad. Maybe average, but not as bad as you're trying to make them out to be.

Oh, I've done nothing but SU on Profound lately, need my chance of getting some SU 13*s. Did it on Yamato too, was actually less risky than doing it on BO.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoir View Post
    Makes me wonder if you're playing them correctly... I mean, they are by no means easy mob killer in XH unlike brainless PAs such as Disparse (I say this as a BO main), but they are by no means bad. Maybe average, but not as bad as you're trying to make them out to be.

Oh, I've done nothing but SU on Profound lately, need my chance of getting some SU 13*s. Did it on Yamato too, was actually less risky than doing it on BO.
    Kril always does this, anything that isn't the top is absolute garbage, even though that's not how the game works at all. :/

Ex. Lv6 +5 Lambda Aristin

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    And MY point was that people not doing full MPAs of a single class isn't an indicator of whether the class is good or not in a normal group setting. People keep talking about "set up"... what setup? Torim Spiral and Maron Strike? Su has other DPS PAs, you guys are acting like Forces go around doing 300-500k every 2 second or something.
    Name a situation where Summoner outperforms a specialized spec. FoTe for mobbing, BrGu, RaHu, BrRa and GuRa as bossing specs. It can only keep up with those powerhouses by means of the attacks you just mentioned, otherwise it simply cannot keep up at all. BrHu even does a better job at mobbing due to the latest scaling due to high end S-ATK.

Quote Originally Posted by Poyonche View Post
    He uses HuSu, Hu main and Su sub, he uses Hunter weapons and sub Summoner because of the All Attack Bonus, All Attack Up, HP Restorate etc...

Actually it is how i got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobSpectre View Post
    Well, Su as a sub, if omitted every unnecessary (as in, not the pre-req for unlocking other skill) pet skills, and focus on stat up etc, its kinda decent as a sub, albeit without stance. HuSu is quite unkillable as someone post in Summoner release thread, which is buried in history a few months ago. That guy get scratch damage from Ultimate Lilipur equivalent of a signo and possibly healed to full after 5 seconds or so.
    So it's a tank spec?

Kinda funny people still bashing Summoner without really knowing what they're talking about.
    Probably saw one bad example and assumed everyone's the same.
    Or enjoying that confirmation bias.

I've played the class, dominated TDs, melted mobs and dealt significant damage during boss EQs.
    That's with my shitty pets that aren't maxed out.
    So I know that Summoner isn't that crappy in terms of effectiveness.
    They're not super ultra powerful, but they're not super ultra crap, either. Balance is good.
    Still don't like the overall design or the abomination pets.

Not going to waste time responding, so feel free to argue.
    Believe what you want to believe.

I had fun with it on the newest emergency quest, I was able to lead the whole thing so I don't think it's really outperformed, I think the point of it is supposed to be versatility, you can be a powerhouse, tank, mob clearer, healer, buffer, whatever and have a fair balance to it all.

Name a situation where Summoner outperforms a specialized spec. FoTe for mobbing, BrGu, RaHu, BrRa and GuRa as bossing specs. It can only keep up with those powerhouses by means of the attacks you just mentioned, otherwise it simply cannot keep up at all. BrHu even does a better job at mobbing due to the latest scaling due to high end S-ATK.
    Do you... not know about Torim Stab and Viola stomp...? Like... are you sure? And speaking of set up, Gu/Ra Br/Ra? Really? REALLY?