Default How to play pso2 in 1440p resolution with out using tweaker?

In pso2's launcher config, There have only 1080p max resolution. Dose anyone have an idea to play in 1440p resolution with out using tweaker?. Thank you.

Do you have a 1440p monitor? or are you using DSR/VSR?
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

I plan to buy 1440p monitor this month.

You can use the virtual fullscreen option, it will automatically set the game to your native resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeMug View Post
    You can use the virtual fullscreen option, it will automatically set the game to your native resolution.
    Thank you very much.

When you run virtual full screen it will automatically run on the resolution Windows is running (because it is basically borderless full screen). I run like that on 1440p along with some light AA trough Nvidia Inspector, which is the most my 970 can handle on that resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by selenite View Post
    I plan to buy 1440p monitor this month.
    So you have a 1080p monitor then? If so most game launchers only display what your max resolution is set via windows. If you want 1440p now you can use DSR(Nvidia) or VSR(AMD) to simulate it. It's not as good as the real thing but better than nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

You can run pso2 perfectly fine at 1440p by simply going to your documents folder>>>SEGA>>>PHANTASYSTARONLINE2>>>then open up the "user" file with note pad and change the resolution from there.

Just scroll down a bit and you will find your native 1920/1080 resolution. Change that into 2560/1440 and you'll be good to go.

I currently do this along with DSR to get some downsampling AA.

Anther thing to note is that you can freely use the official launcher without it overwriting your 1440p settings. Meaning you can go into the options settings and change things like sound/graphic slider settings frame rate settings etc etc just as long as you don't mess with the resolution. If you do then it will change it back to 1080p.

@Tunga, DSR is actually really good for those of us who hate the "jaggies" (aliasing). Alot of games now days such as Metal Gear Solid 5 only come with FXAA which isnt that great. But running it at 1440p on a 1080p monitor with DSR can really improve those "jaggies". It basically gives the game super sample AA.

PSO2 is one of those games with crappy AA implementation so running it at 1440p on my 1080p HDTV has improved my "jaggies" by atleast 80% I can still see some aliasing but compared to 1080p it's a huge difference.
    Last edited by Squal_FFVIII; May 17, 2016 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by qoxolg View Post
    When you run virtual full screen it will automatically run on the resolution Windows is running (because it is basically borderless full screen). I run like that on 1440p along with some light AA trough Nvidia Inspector, which is the most my 970 can handle on that resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Squal_FFVIII View Post
    You can run pso2 perfectly fine at 1440p by simply going to your documents folder>>>SEGA>>>PHANTASYSTARONLINE2>>>then open up the "user" file with note pad and change the resolution from there.

Just scroll down a bit and you will find your native 1920/1080 resolution. Change that into 2560/1440 and you'll be good to go.

I currently do this along with DSR to get some downsampling AA.

Anther thing to note is that you can freely use the official launcher without it overwriting your 1440p settings. Meaning you can go into the options settings and change things like sound/graphic slider settings frame rate settings etc etc just as long as you don't mess with the resolution. If you do then it will change it back to 1080p.

@Tunga, DSR is actually really good for those of us who hate the "jaggies" (aliasing). Alot of games now days such as Metal Gear Solid 5 only come with FXAA which isnt that great. But running it at 1440p on a 1080p monitor with DSR can really improve those "jaggies". It basically gives the game super sample AA.

PSO2 is one of those games with crappy AA implementation so running it at 1440p on my 1080p HDTV has improved my "jaggies" by atleast 80% I can still see some aliasing but compared to 1080p it's a huge difference.

Thank you very much for your reply.

i get really bad microstuttering when ever i use DSR
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama