Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

The challenge thing is to get through using only what you drop, not resetting until you drop something OP that will allow you to do the quest.
    If you're only in to unlock the shop, join a beginner room and wait until it fills, just like everybody else.
    (also, I have tried multiple times to actually solo CM2, to no avail)

As for the OP, PSO1 is a cornerstone in game design. I understand why they changed the formula for PSO2, but even ignoring the fact that people cried when the new content was too hard, they really dumbed it down too much.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Quote Originally Posted by Astrix View Post
    OP here. I understand making the game accessible to many people, but no one will stick around being bored. I am currently playing psobb and having more fun. The contrast between the 2 games difficulties is night and day. PSO1 was perfect in that regard. I want to group with people in pso 2 but I find myself fighting to get a hit in before everything dies. Like I said I am going to stick around regardless because I'm a big pso fan, but I am disapointed with sonic team for making the game a breeze because everything else is great. I am using the alva wired lance and as much as I want to upgrade the weapon, I fear things will get even easier when I do. I want the incentive to upgrade my character's gear and grow my mag. Hope sonic team addresses this issue if the game ever comes out in the states because this could be a really fun game.
    Game has been around for almost 4 years now and just hit its highest concurrent player connection in its history. Pretty sure your opinion is in the minority in this case. Also, this game will never come to the states, nor should it.

I dunno about that, the only reason it just hit its highest concurrent player connection is because its a new game on PS4, not because of quality or anything.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

OP here. I understand making the game accessible to many people, but no one will stick around being bored. I am currently playing psobb and having more fun. The contrast between the 2 games difficulties is night and day. PSO1 was perfect in that regard. I want to group with people in pso 2 but I find myself fighting to get a hit in before everything dies. Like I said I am going to stick around regardless because I'm a big pso fan, but I am disapointed with sonic team for making the game a breeze because everything else is great. I am using the alva wired lance and as much as I want to upgrade the weapon, I fear things will get even easier when I do. I want the incentive to upgrade my character's gear and grow my mag. Hope sonic team addresses this issue if the game ever comes out in the states because this could be a really fun game.
    I've been play the "PSO" games (I'm of course including crap like PSU/PSP2/PSP2i in this) since Sonic Adventure 2 Trial demo and I can understand what you're coming from... but...

Well you said you just hit hard mode right? I remember when I 1st hit Hard Mode of PSO that other than the enemies taking a lot my bullets, they weren't much of a challenge compared to Normal Mode.
    In PSO2, I say it's pretty much the same except that the enemies aren't walking around just taking those shots and taking a while to die.

I remember in Very Hard of PSO was when I noticed the game getting challenging around the areas and was somewhat of a feat for me to go through solo.
    Now, while PSO2 VH is nothing like PSO2... I might categories SH as PSO's VH.
    The very 1st time I ever got into SH mode when I came back to PSO2 like 2 years ago (which I heard SH was around for a while before I even got back on), they were very troublesome to get around.
    With just my main items, it was not easy until I got better equipment and of course leveled up.

NOW yes... if I make a new character or level a new class and head into SH mode right when I hit level 50, SH isn't as hard as it used to be... but this is after I got all of my level 75 account stat boosts, and of course units that a level 50 can wear and so on and so forth so the newer characters got it on easy-streak.
    The way I would compare SH for my new characters/levels with units and whatever they can use right from the get-go, would be like taking off a level 100/200 Mag from a high level character from PSO and putting it on a lowere level character so they could have the earlier levels as a cake-walk.

Also, if you think that Alva Wired Lance will help you in Super Hard, Extra Hard, Ultimate or maybe even the later levels in Very Hard... unless you maybe add affixes, extend it, and... wait is Alva a low rarity weapon? I don't have one on me so I don't know if you can just +10 it or if it can get to +40... BUT EITHER way it mightt be okay on VH... but not the rest.
    Also leveling mags more or less help yes in the damage but mainly (to me at least) help me use certain weapons where my base stats don't meet the requirement.
    Random thought, but I just remembered I have a level 30 Bouncer that could wear my best 13* Quartz boots... but only because of the stuff I mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    I dunno about that, the only reason it just hit its highest concurrent player connection is because its a new game on PS4, not because of quality or anything.
    The PS4 release was a month ago, and the game just recently hit the concurrent player connection record. Most people who first start an MMO that arent interested in it don't last a month and yet there are people who have stayed and adding onto the current player base. So, it's obvious that there is more then that for a game which is almost 4 years old.

challendge yourself. run x mission in x time.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

PSO-2 is a casual PvE Online RPG with a built-in Waifu/Husbando simulator. The idea is to give your money to SEGA through your characters, have a good time, and just play. There is no indication that PSO-2 gives me that should encourage me or force me to enter a hardcore mentality and give it my very best. The game has a lot that I like to retain itself what I like about casual play, but at the same lacks a lot of things that would make the game a hardcore game.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    PSO-2 is a casual PvE Online RPG with a built-in Waifu/Husbando simulator. The idea is to give your money to SEGA through your characters, have a good time, and just play. There is no indication that PSO-2 gives me that should encourage me or force me to enter a hardcore mentality and give it my very best. The game has a lot that I like to retain itself what I like about casual play, but at the same lacks a lot of things that would make the game a hardcore game.
    I'm not saying I want hardcore. But one shotting mobs shouldn't be a thing for new characters. I don't even have good gear. I'm literally using one button to kill everything in one hit with seemingly unlimited PP. It feels broken. I literally thought my character was bugged.
    Last edited by Astrix; May 18, 2016 at 06:41 PM.

Difficulty and challenge is, and always will be, subjective. Tedium can be disguised as difficulty. And you have things that are hard because you have no information (Dark Souls) and simple once you do. There's also things that are considered hard cause they're cheap (Adventures of Bayou Billy). There's always things that can one or two shot you, and it just comes down to "Don't get hit by that", some might find such things an example of challenge, others might not.

It just comes down to you really.

I find soloing Falz Angel hard.
    PSO2 Ship 6
    HacksawJimcuttn - HU 75 | FI 75 | RA 75 | GU 75 | FO 75 | TE 75 | BR 75 | BO 75 | SU x

Queso - RA/HU

I'm not saying I want hardcore. But one shotting mobs shouldn't be a thing for new characters. I don't even have good gear. I'm literally using one button to kill everything in one hit with seemingly unlimited PP. It feels broken. I literally thought my character was bugged.
    Same here.
    Its not a difficulty issue
    Its a Game Balance Issue on both ends (Normal Mode and XH for geared players)
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"