Default pso2 Cel Shading Sweetfx?

i wonder if it's possible to use some kind of effect to simulate cel shading on pso2.

ideas?
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

I'm not an expert, but don't programs like SweetFX just do a post rendering filter. Wouldn't you need to modify the shaders directly to make a decent looking cell shading effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I'm not an expert, but don't programs like SweetFX just do a post rendering filter. Wouldn't you need to modify the shaders directly to make a decent looking cell shading effect?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/..._oblivion_cel/
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Sounds about right I think the most you can achieve is to get it look and have that cell shaded effect

Again, that's just a filter, not really cell shading. If that's what you mean though, it's perfectly doable. Heck, you could probably do what the guy in that thread did and it should turn out fine in PSO2 with a little tweaking. The problem with these kinds of things is that they tend to affect the UI as well.

I feel like PSO2's models are so low poly that cel shading probably wouldn't look that great.
    They'd probably have to adjust the normals a lot to get the shading to look right.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I feel like PSO2's models are so low poly that cel shading probably wouldn't look that great.
    They'd probably have to adjust the normals a lot to get the shading to look right.
    Actually cell shading tends to make makes low poly models look better. It's part of why a lot of cartoony games tend to age better.

hm ill try it out, could look terrible or cool.

Yeah, but you need to model the models in such a way that the shadows cast well, or else it looks weird.
    Or maybe my standards are too high because I'm thinking of modern toon-shaded models.
    We're at a point where 3d can emulate 2d toon-shading extremely well (eg. Guilty Gear Xrd).
    I have a friend who really hates faux 3d toon shading (ie. doesn't look the same as 2d).
    Last edited by TaigaUC; May 19, 2016 at 03:35 PM.

hmm tried my enb series mod for psobb, gg killed it tho