Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: PSO2 vs PSO

lol was not expecting things to turn out like this when I asked
    The above statement is my own personal opinion and is not meant to offend, insult, or belittle the recipient. Thank you for understanding

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Oh look, another X vs Y thread where we compare completely different games, put on and take off our rose tinted glasses, and argue semantics of MMORPG. (As long as I've been here, it really just doesn't matter. The definition changes as the games change, stop trying to label it. Also, it's an action RPG, no arguing that. )

And by the end, we're all like "Nice opinions".
    Are you new to the internet? Cause this is 99.99% of all entertainment related discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinnomura View Post
    lol was not expecting things to turn out like this when I asked
    I thought you've learned from previous thread you made.

Eh, didn't think this would become such a touchy subject
    The above statement is my own personal opinion and is not meant to offend, insult, or belittle the recipient. Thank you for understanding

I sadly only got to play Universe and Blue Burst......

I sadly only got to play universe and Blue Burst before PSO2

Opinion threads always do this, since people fight each other when they voice their thoughts.

And... I played Zero (hence signature). So I don't have anything to contribute to the topic. I'll say that I really liked Zero in terms of what it offered, but I felt that playing it was significantly clunkier than PSO2. (I played Zero after I got into PSO2.)
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Ya, that clunky feeling is in PSO as well, never played zero. I never thought it took away from the game though (not trying to upset anyone by saying that), it and the slower character movement that's similar to light jogging just added to the challenge for me.

Zero was alright but I can't play that game too long. The music just isn't very exciting to me so it gets kinda meh. Eternal Tower would be amazing if they added that to multiplayer.

I have a strong nostalgic bias toward pso so anything I say about that game will be drenched in rose tinted memories. The story, the creepy atmosphere, the jerkface move for throwing a boring caves level immediately after the awesome forest. Classic Sega at its finest. I don't see the comparison between it and pso2 though. Pso2 is much more quick, reflexive kinda action game. Besides the mmo lobbies, they're pretty different games. If anything, psu had more of pso in it than pso2.

The Phantasy Star wiki! Celebrating over 1000 pages of Phantasy Star goodness~