Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Article: Sega takes ACTION!

DynStatic writes, "If you were bad you may get a very interesting message when tring to join or create a game. Something along the lines of you haveing an item that was unjustly reconstructed... And that you need to go offline and drop that item. It is great that Sega is starting to implement this stuff.
    This just started tonight.
    I somehow remember sort of an "agreement" when signing on to PSO that says no Personal information will be taken, only the date/time and serial number is collected. What kinda personal information did i enter into the game? What are they talking about? Would this be my personal items/level/game time?
    DynStatic (lvl 6, 13, 31) AKA simmons (lvl 50) "

Default Re: Sega takes ACTION!

all that patch does is search for hacked mags ie lvl 999 and it searches for overgrinded weapons or weapons with % that in the game cannot have % ie sbeat blade belsaber buster etc etc and anyway if ya want to get around it just put the items in the bank. this doesnt search for duped weapons only hacked weapons that are noticeable aka punish+99 as it has been stated b4 ppl have looked at the hex of the saves the items do not have serial #'s so they cant track every item you get or is in the game they can only search for something that cant exist in game aka hacked mag overgrinded weps or %ed weps that cant have % once again sega releases something that they think will stop cheaters and once again 5 minutes after its placed some hacker or just a person who can use his brain figures out how to get by it good job sega at least you had most of us worried on the other hand the ppl who will sit down and figure out how they did it and figure a way around it are not dumb enough to just go drop all the items we've gotten

Aussie RAcast Battler

Default Sega takes ACTION!

Good point.
    Out of 2 changes by Sega:
    Cheaters - 2
    Sega - 0

Personally, I think Sega knew that there was a flaw in their plan. They are just wating for people to deposit their itmes in the bank. Its all a big trap. I don't know when it will finally work but.... I don't have to worry because I find all my own items. Also there are rumors of dupers being completly banned next server update. For all the good honest people out there "Its about time!"
    -Phantasy X
    Reporter for www.cubicdreams.com

While I'm a happy that Seag is cracking down on cheaters, I do have so very high level weapons that I've used a ton of grinders on, and I have several weapons that I've traded for that have large + values. How am I supposed to know that these weapons which I traded for onestly might have been duped? If I have to loose my Spread Needle I will be most upset, and will call Sega to complain. I have no problem with tem eliminating cheating, for there should be no cheating. But when it comes back around and hits me, who has never cheated before, they have gone to far. Once again I state: how am I supposed to know if a weapon I'm trading somone for is hacked, especially if it has been in the possession of several people before it reaches me? And if Sega is looking at weapons with large + values, once again I shall be guilty, for I have traded with many to recieve as many grinders as I could, nearly maxing out all my weapons. Something must be done about this for it is the honest player who will feel the brunt of this attack not the cheater, who undoubtably is now working on a way around this for tomorrow.
    -Talon-

Simple. Don't trade. I stopped trading when duping became commonplace and I will start again if it is ever eliminated completely. Until that point, I'll find all my own items, and I suggest that you do the same.
    In the end, it's just a game, and you can always get new weapons if yours are indeed hacked.

I think you misunderstood that last comment (and no wonder... but let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say that English isn't his first language :P). He meant weapons with plus values *above* the maximum, which can only be created by direct hacking. Sega would never go after someone just for using a lot of grinders.

now i do not want to continue the trend of dubbing or cheating see how sega might drop some more rules on us that will prevent the game flow. but i was holding a rare for someone that shall remain nameless. and sega would not let me play after the scare of the bsod java death script,be on the look out for!!! but after calming down,it is really easy to get around it. just go offline and deposit all your items to the bankess and get back online with nothing,no mag no weapons nothing.and enter a game go back to the bank pick up any of your might be** jinxed** weapons and go play. just always remember to deposit everything before you leave or you might risk the chance of having to repeat this relentless task over and over again.dont get mad and erase your level 60 character like a fellow friend which we bow our heads to and are waiting for his level 1 newbie to level up.relax have a smoke and think your way around it. help your friends who have vowed never to cheat again and (erased there old characters ) build there characters back up and level up.(they just have to hit everything once for exp then you kill it!!!!) now can we play????? ospy (o_O)

but what about grinded weapons?????? if we were not suppose to use them to grind weapons (honestly) up and up and that is considered a hacked or jacked up item then why even put it in tthe game at all????????

Grinders are part of the game. Hacking a weapon to give it +100 (or whatever) is not part of the game. Also, all weapons have a limit to how high they can be grinded, and alot of the hacked weapons this news refers to are plussed well above that limit.
    Sega will not ban you for useing grinders. Use as many as you like. Just don't resort to hacking once you reach the limit of the grinders abilities.