Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Article: PSOver.2 Pay to Play?

God writes, "Everyone may want to take note of the following image. It's an emblem from the official PSOver.2 U.S. boxart. It simply says: "Credit Card Required for Online Play". Does this mean we will have to Pay to Play PSOver.2? One Sega employee had this response:
    "The credit card is for Seganet members. You need a credit card to play online games using Seganet. They shouldn't [have] put that on the case, it's going to confuse people"
    An image of the emblem
    Update: IGNDC is reporting that PSOver.2 will in fact be Pay to Play for U.S. Gamers. Although not concrete, and without any price quotes. If it's true expect to pay similair fees as the Japanese release, $10 every 3 months. The full article can be found here. We'll, of course, keep you updated as news breaks.
    How does this make you feel? Hit the forums and give your thoughts!"

Default Re: PSO ver.2 boxart!

you know that would really really suck if u had to use a credit card to play version 2.....

BTW i emailed sega asking about this i will post up what they say

Well i think they should put that on the cover saying only with seganet people

LOL! thats a sega "employees" for ya! they dont know jack! PSO ver 2 IS pay to play

Default Re: PSO ver.2 boxart and PSOver.2 Pay to Play!

I predict that PSOv2 will be the lowest selling Sega produced DC title because of this.

Default Re: PSO ver.2 boxart and PSOver.2 Pay to Play!

I predict a huge drop in punk 13 year old PKers. Well worth the money.

F*%k that! I wont pay extra fees just to play ver.2 IT's hard enough having to pay 20 bucks a month for an isp. This may very well decide how well this game does. I for one can say I wont be getting the game if this is what is going to happen.

This sucks... i already paied of rthe game too... if i would of known this i wouldnt of gotten it. How misrible is that? i mean the system is only going to last what.... 1 year more before they stop make games entirealy? now they want to charge us for the best game ever the hit the internet to play on.... how sad that sega will do this.. i guess the would is really as bleak as they say it is....
    Lord Thorn
    RAmar
    Redria
    Level 68

Default The sad thing is.. Sega's plan could easily work

Lots of us have been playingf PSO for months now. For nearly half that time we've been dreaming of the new possiblities to come in add-ons and sequals to this addicting game. Now, not one of us likes the idea of paying, and continuing to pay for the new features that await. But, I'm sure there a still a number of people out there who will be willing to play anyway.
    Sure, many will resist at first. But, the urge to get your hands on that shinny new weapon, or your boredom at being stuck at level 100 will probably over take a good majority of us with time. We might say to ourselves, "oh, I'll just buy v2 and only play off-line". That wont hold us. In fact the temptation will probably be greater. It will be too great a challenge to resist bringing v1 characters over to v2.
    Since once that step is taken, you can never go back... it will be out of your hands... you'll give every last cent you have to Sega. That will be it. They will own you. Your soul is their's.
    Damn you Sega (The crack dealer of the gaming world).