Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: PSO ver.2 boxart and PSOver.2 Pay to Play!

now that you mention it, i would gladly pay a decent fee for a fun online environment without cruel PKers

Default Re: The sad thing is.. Sega's plan could easily work

i think this will help sega's plan for profit... and that's the main reason, they've been in debt for so long... they gotta make up for it... if they do something like the 10 bux/3 months... its a small step and i'm willing to help them learn how to walk again

that 10 bucks for 3 months would probably be used for server fixes and the like. But still, it's hard enough for those of us that go to games for some "downtime" away from the money problems we have. And usually save up to buy some pretty decent games.

Default Re: PSO ver.2 boxart!

well sega should expect low sales on this game, i was really happy when i heard it was coming but now i will have nothin to do with it, i wont pay to play any game online, cant afford it for one and also when i pay 50$ for a game that should be enough

Default Re: PSOver.2 Pay to Play?

Jeez this blows. I think this has a lot to do witht he GC version. I'd never thought I'd EVER say this, but Damn you Sega! I've been loyal to the core and Sonic's #1 fan and this is how you repay me? well, I give you a giant "P". A P as in NUTS TO YOU.

Why would they all of the sudden charge us to play version 2 when they didn't for the first one? I think they just see a chance to make more $. PSO was way more succesful they even sega thought it would be. Now that they have everyone "Hooked" they figure they can squeeze a little more cash out of us. If they want to chare us $10 every 3 months that is kinda cheap, they better make the games price bout $20 when it comes out. I know it cost money to up keep the servers but come on!!
    That stinks!

Default Re: PSO ver.2 boxart!

Yeah, it's gonna lower sales, and they'll probably end up with even less money in the tradeoff. Not a wise choice at all.

Default Re: PSO ver.2 boxart! Pay to Play

My question is, are they going to allow me to back up my characters in case of a BSOD? Are they going to have better server connections and broadband support that doesn't require a hack? And are they going to use that $$ for better customer support if your character does go bad, or you switch internet providers? I hear all kinds of horror stories about that... THey could get away w/ those things in America if it's free. Once you start paying $$ for it though, that's a whole new ballpark. And remember, this isn't some "all new" game... Just an upgrade. (Be it a very cool looking one though...)
    I'll pay, but I hope to see my $$ put to good use.

Say we do get PSOv.2 and play it offline. And we get the character to over level 100 and get all those nifty weapons. What happens if we want to use that character file to play the first PSO? Will our step into PSOv.2 be the doom of our character playing online with version 1?

DAMN!!! IM ONLY 13 AND ITS HARD ENOUGH FOR ME TO GET THE 40 BUCKS TO BUY THE FUCKING THING!!!!!!