Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Article: Sega gives up on SegaNet. Hands over ISP to Earthlink

Kamotz writes, "Well it looks like Sega has given up on SegaNet entirely. Sega is handing over the job to Eathlink as Sega's official ISP. Even though Earthlink is $21.99 a month, current SegaNet users will still pay the regular $19.99 fee. The full article can be found here."
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Default given up on seganet? hardly

actually this is a sign that sega wants to keep seganet flourishing b handing over sega net to earthlink, a very experienced isp, sega is ensuring that sega net users will have a secure isp and that sega net will actually have a future. this is also smart in antoher perspcetive earthlink offers beroaodband access which sega net will later utilize such as dsl and cabel m internet making the expericnce faster and ultimately more enjoyable for gamers

Default Still won't help me

It won't help me in using MY COMPUTER'S connection to the Dreamcast.

Default Re: given up on seganet? hardly

Huh? Sega handed their ISP, which is SegaNet, over to earthlink. SegaNet is dead.

Default Re: Still won't help me

yeah now sega is a tard,first they give us pso great game but the v2 has 2 new levels bla bla etc big deal,it doesnt give you the cut char classes of the first and secondly they team up with the worlds most retarded isp,earthlinkwhich is famous for making u offers of crap merchandise for their software that has its own gui like aol but sucks,and when u try to call its like oh u have to get new cd ver.idiots sega is why not just go with aol so they can be all be assimilated into the aol-tw collective.

Cuz AOL has signed with Sony.

That's a good thing. Earthlink is FAAAAAAR better than AOL.

Default Re: Sega gives up on SegaNet. Hands over ISP to Earthlink

Why is everyone so suprised, Sega has been giving up on everything they do. They are nothing but sellouts anymore.

Roger that.

hey, no need to be so harsh. segas always been fresh, since 198some. yes, they are floundering now, but theyve already represented. i was entirely satisfied with the old phantasy star series alone. i never expected pso, and it came out of nowhere and turned out to be awesome. so, whatev.. segas already done much good-