Default Article: PSO coming to PC

Riel writes, "While browsing the net i came across this story on the Gaming intelligence site, it announces that PSO is currently in the works for the PC. It will be the v2 game, with extras, like more poly counts, deeper vision sight, and so on. They may even make it compatible with the DC and Cube version. Check it out. Click here for the full article "
    SEGA really seems to be pushing PSO to all platforms, it would be very cool if ALL platforms were able to play with each other!

Default Re: PSO coming to PC

so cool, but they should be able to interact!!!!! :/

Heh. With PSO on PC there will be even more hacking than there is now. These new versions of the game, including the US V2 Release, better have some kind of greatly enhanced security...especially if they except people to pay for online play.

Sega is still out of their mind. They're not taking this cheating problem seriously, too.

More importantly, with the recent tragedies in New York and Washington. We have closed on borders, this effectively shuts down the psov.2 shipments to for anything. Also that but if its still in effect in November the gamecube won't be allowed into the country.

The United States has not closed its trade routes. In fact, commercial flights have already started up again. The terrorist attack will not affect the arrival of any video games on their launch date.

Default Compatibility of the Versions

All versions of PSO will be compatible with each other, and here's why: When a version of the game is specialized for a certain platform, only the code that deals with the hardware of the machine is changed. The communication algorithm that sends and recieves data with the servers remains unchanged in EVERY version. Absolutely seemless interaction with all platforms will be observed by all gamers, and you can bet money on that.
    Anyway, if the versions weren't compatible, it would break the foundation on which this game was built on, and just seem really "dumb". Sales would drop like a rock in water, and the company wouldn't make any money on it.

Default Version 2??????

This is a game that should absolutly be on PC. Now I wont have to pay for a BBA. In all actuallity though I've had enough of version 2 how about some news on PSO 2!!!
    Also cheating isnt what keeps me from paying to play this game, it's just to simple of a game and this is a test being run by Sega to see how many people they can fool into thinking it takes that much money to run servers! Besides money made from the game should be used for that! Just another greedy corporations trying to grab that extra buck!!!
    I've actually imported version 2 a long time ago and played it for about a week. Although I was really disappointed with it (especially Ultimate Mode) it might be fun to play it on my PC since the graphics and sounds should get a little bump.