Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Article: North American PSO Ep. I & II Release Date and Pricing

Bleh writes, "According to Planet GameCube, PSO Episode I & II for GameCube is set to release on October 29th, and will cost $49.99, with a monthly fee of $8.95. No word on whether or not the game will come bundled with the Modem and/or Keyboard. Strange. GamesAreFun confirms the release and pricing as well, adding that "Nintendo's Network Adapter and Dial-Up Modem peripherals" will also be available on that day. I assume by "Network Adaptor" they mean the Broadband Adaptor. EBGames has both accessories listed as an October 22nd release, and both for $34.99. I can't find the Keyboard Controller anywhere on the site, though. Let's hope it comes with the game, and all these people just forgot to point it out."

Thanks to all our submissions on this.

Default Re: North American PSO Ep. I & II Release Date and Pricing

Complete and total bull****. I'll pay the 8.95 alright, but the servers better be clean as hell. I see one cheat and I'm gone.

Haha, man, hilarious. A sad sad day for PSO fans with a GC. I'm glad I have an Xbox. Instead of buying PSO, a modem/bba, a keyboard, AND paying a monthly fee for ONE game. I might get it bundled with the Xboxlive pack, or buy it, and end up paying just the cost of the game, and one online fee for all games.

GC owners have to pay $9/mo for a game that really doesn't even fit my idea of a MMORPG. Wow you play in games with 3 other people... Yet you still have to pay a monthly fee..

GC - Worst online plan, ever.

Well I do agree that paying almost $9 for online gameplay is bunk........but if they keep to their promise.......we will be more than happy with paying. As it goes for the cheaters, Bleh don't let the cheaters get the best of you. There are going to be plenty of other people and ships to play on so don't stress it too much ok?

I'll Let The Swords Choose Their Fate!

Yeah, but that also means that the X-Box version is least likely to have new quests.

Having the best online plan doesn't mean it will be successful. No matter how good it is, if there is lack of people taking advantage of it, it is as bad as the "Worst online plan".

9 dollars is a little steep because PSO is not going to the only game i will play on game cube and hell if i will have to pay that much i what something really good that i cant stress enough no cheaters no hackers beauty in a video game on a massive sever that is what i would pay for

"Yeah, but that also means that the X-Box version is least likely to have new quests."

If it is worth all the extra money to you, fine, but it isn't for me and a lot of others.

"Having the best online plan doesn't mean it will be successful. No matter how good it is, if there is lack of people taking advantage of it, it is as bad as the "Worst online plan". "

Wow nice point. There will be less people on the GC PSO, I can almost guarantee it. Look at all the extra fees upfront, and the monthly fee for GC PSO, try and tell me that anyone but diehard PSO fans with a GC will sign up.

On the other hand, xbox pso. It might be the game that is bundled with the xboxlive pack, so there could be basically no upfront fee, and just the fee for xbox live, but we don't have to pay that for a year. And it is for all games.

In short, GC PSO - only hardcore PSO'ers need apply

XBox PSO - If bundled, most all xbox owners will give it a shot. If not, anyone that is interested will check it out.

I hope you know that XBox users will have to not only pay for the XBox live service but if you want to play PSO on it you'll also need to pay for that too.

This is not official. Notice that SEGA didn't post this date on their release schedule.