Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Article: Sega Has No Current Release Date For Xbox PSO, Neither Does Microsoft!

psosaladwood writes, "I emailed Sega a few days ago, asking when Xbox PSO would be coming out since Ebgames and Gamestop are both now showing a release date of April 22nd.
    Sega had this to say:
    "Thank you for e-mailing Sega Technical Support. I'm sorry, but it is in now in our understanding that Microsoft is handling all aspects of PSO for Xbox, including publishing. Thus, I do not have any release dates available. Please refer back to them for help with any questions or concerns.
    Sincerely,
    -Jason
    Sega of America Technical Support"

Okay so then we contacted Chris at XBox Chat Support to verify this information and this was what we got from Microsoft:
    "I'm afraid that contradicts the information we have on our site. According to our information, Sega is the game's publisher as it always has been for PSO when released on any console."
    Confused? I know I am! We'll try contacting them again in a few days to see if there's any change."

SR-16 Packing RAmar

Default Re: Sega Has No Current Release Date For Xbox PSO, Neither D

Wow that is some excellent reporting!!! Je golly wiz! We've already established that all tech support representatives are complete morons. They just run through macros and paste in one that might even remotely relate to your question. For Example, I asked them if I could use a Japanese Controller S on my US console (I know you can, just testin em). Here's what I got:

"It is completely known if foreign products will damage your Xbox. Please contact the retailer."

sega and microsoft reps are pretty dumb, they have alot in common with you

[indent]LOL, like you said in the last news post about Xbox PSO, 'Someone's not telling the truth here'
    Well, Let's hope they stay with the March release date... if not, I won't but the Xbox PSO.

Always assume that some people are just not as informed as others. I do rememeber hearing and reading that the games was finished and awaiting a release from Mircosoft. DON'T Panic it is coming ....(just not soon enough)

http://www.xbox.com/pso2/default.htm?cs_catalog=cat%2dus

I work at gamestop. and im just as confused a everyone else is. As far as i knew i thought that sega had put all of the games aspects into microsofts hands. And i belive that they did i think that the Xbox rep didnt know what he was talking about.

Mayor McCheese

Ironically, it actually depends what Sega rep you get. I received word from "Sandi" who informed me the release date was March 25th.

The fact of the matter is someone is holding back something.

Microsoft is obviously the publisher of the title. Numerous different sources say it.

Hell, its Microsoft that's releasing all information about the game. They're showing off the build of the game, not Sega.

this game has been finished since last year, they just are really lazy about this

im glad i got a cube!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

We talked to Sandi couple days before this email, and yes Sandi said March 25th. We talked to Sandi after this email, then Sandi said the same thing about Microsoft being the publisher. But Microsoft still insists Sega is the publisher.