Default Article: Virus News: Important Information!

Some of you may already be aware of this, but the W32.Sobig.F@mm virus has been running wild all over the Net recently. I personally just finished deleting thousands of emails which had our mail server filled to its storage capacity (each of these virus emails is about 100KB). Anyway, it's important that if you receive an email with an attached .PIF file or .SCR file, that you DO NOT OPEN IT, even if it looks like the email is from somebody you know (even us), because the address is most likely spoofed. Once your system is infected with this virus, it will scan a number of different file extensions on your computer (.txt, .html, .eml to name a few) and send itself to any email address it finds in those files. It will also spoof the sender's email address on those emails, using any of the addresses which it collected (so it's possible that you may receive infected emails that look like they are from us, or anyone else for that matter, when they really aren't). For more information on this virus, visit the following site:
    Symantec - W32.Sobig.f@mm Information
    Symantec - W32.Sobig.f@mm Removal Tool

Default Re: Virus News: Important Information!

OH MY GOD ITS TOMEEBOY.

I was wondering what happened... I got an email from Sega and Nintendo asying I sent them a virus...

Thanks.

I can imagen the virus screaming at the top of it's voice: "Delete! Delete! I will delete this world!"

Soz, being playing too much MegaMan Network Transmission. x_x

Fate binds us, destroys us.

Hmmm. I assure you I have good Norton Antivirus, and its probably NOT from me.

Hmm. That make 4 viruses well known to me today.

Tomeeboy, good to have you back.

Also on the virus front, do NOT accept ANY attachments from an address that looks like someone on your messenger list with an extra underscore at the end that has a size of 39-42 kilobytes. Also do NOT accept any attachments labeled Front page resume.

Also do not accept any mail from

Mail Delivery System ([email protected]) His attachments all have a virus in them.

Thank you.

YEAH im so happy i just found out that they cought that Fat bastard who released this w32 virus :O

hmm ive goten quite a few emails from the guy thanks for the info i never opened them because they always whent in my junk mail. they go in my parents junk mail and good thing they never check there junk mail because they open up every inch of mail they get. (i know this is old but thats for the tip on the guy and the virus.
    PSU characters:
    Goldbrease human lv:150 HU:10 RA:5 FF:20 FI:20

life virus is SO dumb!