Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Some PSOBB News from IGN

This might end up being a good and a bad thing. its good that ST has taken extra measures to make sure people dont cheat. and how can people dislike online mode. only thing. what if you wanna get some single player training. you know? just go hunting for some rare boxes, or blowing off some steam. the only time you'll be by youself is like 2 in the morning during weekdays. also, players will probably dislike being forced to pay this constant fee. but i like how the command list has been expanded to 10 slots, at least thats what i can tell from the screenshots. hope we get a US version.

Yes it sucks this isnt a NEW PSO.

What is good is that they are trying their best to get rid of the cheating scum that ruined this game.

The only people that are complaining about server-side saving and not being able to play offline and the very people that ruined the game in the first place, ie the cheaters.

This is Phantasy Star ONLINE it should never have been offline.

'The only people that are complaining about server-side saving and not being able to play offline and the very people that ruined the game in the first place, ie the cheaters.'

That's the very shallow thinking that is allowing it to happen. Tell me. Have you EVER played offline for anything?

Yes, you have. Was it to hunt for rares? Was it to unlock more areas? Was it to convert an enemy part into a weapon? Maybe you just started a new character, and the enemies online have too much hp for you, so you wind up being killed every 20 seconds.. you'd rather go offline to level up to say level 5 before going back online.. right?

Simply REMOVING offline play wasn't the way to go. This should be a game of choices, not restrictions.

This won't fix hackers. Nothing fixes hackers. Have you ever heard of a multiplayer game that never had cheating? Have you? No, because it's impossible. There is always a way around for people that want to be better than everyone else.

Do you know how many places in the world still charge per minute for you online? What about per megabyte? Yeah, you can say 'OH WELL THAT'S THEIR FAULT, THEY CAN PAY MORE FOR SOMETHING BETTER.' But, no, they can't. Nothing else is available. When they go online to play a game, they want to get their money's worth.. Not sit there paying to feed their mag. Not run around paying to do 50 level runs so they can get a rare. The old way, you'd be able to do this stuff offline for free, then bring it online later. Sure, hackers would be able to do this stuff in 5 seconds offline aswell, but who cares? Play a locked game if you want to keep out idiots. You'll need to anyway, even with server side saving.

They should have both a server with server side saving, and a server without. That would have showed they put in a little effort, and really noone would be complaining. (except the server side saving people cause they finally learned that people still CAN hack, even with it being this way)

This isn't a fix. This isn't a work around. This is a horribly thought out scheme to try to squeeze a bit more cash out of an old game. Hackers will still be there. Idiots will still be there. People that take rares, people that tag enemies for exp, they'll still all be there. This didn't fix anything, it just will make hackers have to work a bit longer to figure out a way. Why screw over the casual players.

You know why? People like you are why. There is no quick fix. There is no simple solution. Stop thinking there is. You'll see later, they'll find a way around, then you'll complain that they didn't try hard enough to stop them. So not only did you get your hopes up about no hackers, but your simple minded ideas f***ed over 56kers with one phone line, and people that pay per time or bandwidth they use, and people that just enjoy hunting offline and coming online to play with friends.

Thanks.

Default WOW! look at you shallow idiot!

I have never cheated. I didn't cheat in diablo I or diablo II nor did I cheat in PSO. I like my offline mode of play, it allows me to quietly enjoy a game alone. I don't always want to include people.

As for the whole the is phantasy star ONLINE bit, you are just proving that you are the kind of consumer that big companies love! MMORPGs are a rip-off, now PSO is going to ONLY be a game for the people foolish enough to squander their money on a game that they HAVE to be online to play. I use a laptop as my gaming machine for a GOOD reason. I can play my games ANYWHERE! On the side of a mountian, in a break room, on my campus or even under a tree on a nice summer day! I like playing games offline because I have that kind of freedom. Sure I'd pay to play online.. but that is only to have acess to the LARGE player base that exists. While the whole time meeting people I never have before in places I might never visit.

Online only is a terrible trend that is being driven by profit margins.

Default is pso bb coming to us ?

is the game coming to us or is it going to be a no game. plz give me the news soon as possible!!

Default why did they take offline ????

well put it this way i ant paying no fee to go online becasue i played the xbox version online. and i get charged up the you know what for paying a stupid hunters license its to much lay of the charge and plus two the game ant big like a massive online so why should we pay ??and plus 3 why in the blue moon did they take offline ?? thats stupid so we cant build are ch in the biggining and get hacked by other users it ant worth it!!!!!! sega if you hear this look what you did to dreamcast .now look if you cant take care of pso you ant taking care of your company i better see improvements!!

Skilled Fighter

Default Re: WOW! look at you shallow idiot!

I dont like taking my games everywere, because unlike you, I like to socialize away from computer games. 99% of PSO's problems were caused because it allowed an offline playmode.....go figure dumbass.

Default Re: why did they take offline ????

aww god, how hard is this for you to understand.

OFFLINE PLAY = EASY ACCESS TO CHEAT THUS RUINING THE GAME.

You keep coming up with this argument about wanting to play offline to level-up your character.

The whole idea of the game is co-operative multiplayer gameplay. The idea is you HELP each other. The whole idea behind PSO is TEAM PLAY. The only reason why people can solo alot of this game easily is because of hacked weapons.

Try playing the game how it was intended instead of cheating on yourself and taking the easy way out all the time. "oh...my friend game me this J Sword when he left the game"

The day you can go into a game with a weapon you found and it is still rare, the day when you can go into a game and know everybody has earned their level.......

If anyone remebers the amazing times on Dreamcast PSO before all this hacking and cheating, they too will agree it was the best times in PSO's history. If only we could find a way to go back to those good times....maybe, just maybe, BlueBURST is the way.

Default Re: why did they take offline ????

'aww god, how hard is this for you to understand.'

It doesn't seem you remotely understand the argument. Leave us, now.

'OFFLINE PLAY = EASY ACCESS TO CHEAT THUS RUINING THE GAME.'

If you ever played PSO PC online, you could see that they could do it online OR off. Either way was just as easy for them.

'The whole idea of the game is co-operative multiplayer gameplay. The idea is you HELP each other. The whole idea behind PSO is TEAM PLAY.'

Then why are they only taking the offline mode out now? Why did they take the time to write all those quests? Why are enemies easier to kill offline? No. Your argument has no merit.

'The only reason why people can solo alot of this game easily is because of hacked weapons.'

Actually, it's pretty easy to do without hacking too. Ever tried it? I guess you haven't.

'Try playing the game how it was intended instead of cheating on yourself and taking the easy way out all the time. "oh...my friend game me this J Sword when he left the game"'

You still seem to think everyone that supports offline mode are hackers? Why? Just because someone likes offline mode doesn't mean that they're a hacker.

'The day you can go into a game with a weapon you found and it is still rare, the day when you can go into a game and know everybody has earned their level....... If anyone remebers the amazing times on Dreamcast PSO before all this hacking and cheating, they too will agree it was the best times in PSO's history.'

DC PSO also had a good community back then, people that didn't WANT to cheat. Then someone came along that DID want to cheat. And what happened? That's right. He cheated. With enough persistance, they can cheat on this too.

'If only we could find a way to go back to those good times'

Well guess what. It's impossible. Your attitude in your post isn't what the it was like back then. Back then, people just didn't CARE. All they wanted to do was have fun.

'maybe, just maybe, BlueBURST is the way.'

By removing offline mode? No. Just look at the facts, guy. There has never been a game where if someone wanted to cheat, that they weren't able to work hard enough to eventually figure out how to cheat. This solves no problems, it just delays said problems and creates more in the process.

This is how to make everyone happy.

Server where you can bring offline chars on.

Server where characters are server side only.

Have them both. Both with the GMs. Have the GMs use strict rules.

No, this doesn't really solve 'problems' either. But it atleast gives 'OMG BE LEGIT OR BE GONE LMAO' people a place to think they're safe.

Also it gives easy access to 'HEY I HAVE A DOUBLE CANNON WANT TO BATTLE ME? NEWB!' people on their own little server.

What about us people that like offline. We just make a locked game on the offline char server. That way, we're our own GMs. People we don't want to play with, we never need to play with again. We'll never see a hacker, we'll never see someone accuse someone else of using hacked weapons, we won't have people that take every rare that falls, we won't have people that cast rafoie to tag the enemies and then leave the room to let everyone else do the battling, we won't have level 122 HUcasts on normal mode. Casual gamers had the right idea all along. Now you want to screw them over by forcing your rules on our gameplay? Well this community I just love. This just seems like revenge against us because you want to join our locked games and show off your '100% legit weapon's and your cool 'I KNOW WHAT THE HELL I'M DOING' attitude.

Know what I have to say? Think before speaking, you're giving us a headache.

(Tired of being anonymous, but seeing as I can't register for an account.. I'll put a little insignia at the end of all of my rantings) -Cluw

Default Re: WOW! look at you shallow idiot!

Or so you believe. You people will blame the issues on offline play when it is really little script kitties. I DO socialize off of the computer, I like to get away from them. That is why I seldom want to play with other people online.

As for your cursing I don't really consider that necessary.