Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Article: Estimated US Release Date Pushed Back

For some time now, many online retailers have been showing an estimated US release date some time in the 1st Quarter of 2006 for PSU (February 2nd, 2006 seemed to be the most common of the projected release dates). However, it seems as though the retailers have received some news that we aren't aware of just yet. Several reputable online game stores are now showing an estimated release date of May 1st, 2006 for Phantasy Star Universe. The Sega.com web site is still showing a "Winter 2006" release date for both the PC and PS2 versions of the game. As far as we know, the Japanese versions of the game are still slated for release sometime near the end of this year, putting the gap between US and JP releases an estimated 5 to 6 months apart. Only time will tell if these new projected release dates will hold true. Be sure to stay tuned to our PSU forum for the latest buzz!

Default Re: Estimated US Release Date Pushed Back

Hmm, 5 to 6 months? Well, I'm still importing the game to get a feel for it. I doubt I will go online with my PS2.

I think the people who have super PCs will have an edge on this game due to the unmentioned setup for the PS2. If PS3 doesn't have a release date either US or JP... we could sorta use that as an online method to get on PSU. Hmm who knows... I might upgrade my computer sometime if it comes to this... :/

Well this makes my decision a whole lot easier. I'd rather not understand the story at all than take a chance thta this will end up like BB with the US far behind in content and support.

I'll be watching play-asia for pre-orders. Here's to hoping that video with japanese dialogue and English subtitles was real.

im buying this for PC, and surely PS2

no way in hell do i want USA or JP servers linked, i dont want hackers ruining this game, like on USA PSOBB

*prays"

please dont let the servers be linked, please god, please

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

NOO^23power...I hope this is not true. Will the PC version from japan work on an american computer?
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

of course it will any Japanese game will, it just involves changing some of the languages in the windows xp regional languages option to Japanese to fool the game that your Operating system is Japanese

its a 30 second job at most and simple

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Sweeeet Now for the more difficult part. how many people will speak english. i have a feeling more than a few people will play this version. How many psoworlders will get it?
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

I'm importing, no matter what.

actually no, more like 15 minutes. Unfortunately you are required to reboot when you install support for east asian languages. I've still got that video for setting up your keyboard and I'll be putting that back up on PSOw when PSU is released.

didnt take that long for me, but i installed the east asian languages everytime i install Windows XP at default, and even then its only say 30-60 secs minimun from installing the language you need from disc then maybe 30 seconds to change all the unicode options to Japanese

then maybe a few minutes depending on how fast or slow someones computer is when you need to reboot(forgot about that heh)