Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast
    Mayor McCheese

On 2003-04-28 08:32, Bloodberry wrote:
    "Sega's really gone down the toilet when they resort to using their licenses on ''flavor of the month'' trends."

Sonic? Sorry, I meant, what? What other companies would use their leading products for different types of Mario? I mean, genres? Next they'll be rereleasing all the games in Final Fantasies. I mean, anthologies. Hahaha, it'll probably Mario Kart/Smash Bros/Final Fantasy Tactics! I mean, suck miserably. Hahahaha! We're so smart in demanding a complete transition with no content, they always Final Fantasy 9! I mean, work!
    This card game is a prime example of Sega's new found laziness. Maybe you never grew up with the Master System, Genesis, or Saturn...but I did. To see the same company that gave the modern gaming world titles like Revenge of Shinobi, Hang-on, and even to a lesser extent Sega's modern classics like Panzer Dragoon drag through the mud one of their greatest series [Phantasy Star as a whole, not PSO] simply to sell titles is absurd. Look at their E3 list, the only decent looking title is Otogi and thats not even made by Sega. Oh wow...another Vectorman...because we all know the first 2 just wasn't enough. Hmm...another Altered Beast...oh boy..if the gameboy game wasnt enough to drive the stake of patheticness through the series already.

Maybe you enjoy seeing the once great game company become the bastard child of the gaming industry, but I sure as hell dont.

My first though was "That's crazy!" And then a few seconds later it was "So crazy, it just might work!"

Now I've never played any of the really good Card fighting games like Card Fighters Clash or the like, but I'm willing to accept that there is some ways to do the set up so it's fun and enjoyable, I just never played any of those games. Sonic Team has been kicking around this idea for a while (remember the PSO card battle game at E3 last year?) So I figure they've had enough time to put some work into this game and make it good. My first thought was to discard it because it was taking the series off in a completely different direction, but now I think "Yeah, sending a Delbiter to destroy my opponent WOULD be pretty cool wouldn't it? ..."

On 2003-04-28 08:32, Bloodberry wrote:
    Sonic? Sorry, I meant, what? What other companies would use their leading products for different types of Mario? I mean, genres? Next they'll be rereleasing all the games in Final Fantasies. I mean, anthologies. Hahaha, it'll probably Mario Kart/Smash Bros/Final Fantasy Tactics! I mean, suck miserably. Hahahaha! We're so smart in demanding a complete transition with no new styles, only content, they always Final Fantasy 9! I mean, work!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bloodberry on 2003-04-28 08:35 ]</font>
    If this was a seperate game in it's own right with the PS liscense, fine. I wouldn't care and just wouldn't buy it. But this is being billed as the NEXT PSO. They're apparently completly altering the game, not making a new and different spin off like Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros. Thus, if Ep III tanks we may very well never see a new PSO.

If it's just adding the card battle aspect to the game, I may get it and ignore the card aspect. But this seems to be completely replacing the level runs of PSO with stupid card battling. That is a huge mistake.

-but sega always craps on their fans MP

"Maybe you enjoy seeing the once great game company become the bastard child of the gaming industry, but I sure as hell dont."

I don't see how making a card game out of an arbitrary title makes it the bastard child of the gaming industry. PS might be a god to you, but to a majority of people - they don't even know about it. So, I'm not sure what kind of stance you're making here. You think because it's "popular" they're trying to sell titles off the name, or that you think you're part of some special group of people and that making this game will put it somewhat mainstream will lead to the utter whoring of the game (i.e. slippery slope fallacy)?

I really don't get how either's true. If they were looking for a big name to "drag through the mud" you would think Sonic would've made a better choice. Some real thought has probably gone into this game.

"But this seems to be completely replacing the level runs of PSO with stupid card battling. That is a huge mistake."

Some would argue endless level runs of mind-bending boredom were where PSO made it's mistake, like Diablo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bloodberry on 2003-04-28 09:00 ]</font>

Personally I'm quite looking forward to it. Sure it's not what I expected Episode III would be like, but it's a hell of a lot MORE than what I expected the card battle game would be like.

And card collecting/battling ties in quite well with how PSO works. There will still be the urge to find rare cards, and be rewards with new weapons/characters/graphics.

Also, the card battles will add A LOT of strategy to the battles. The relatively simple battles of PSO is what people have always knocked it for in the past. This will be something different. And challenging someone to a battle in the lobby without knowing whether they hold better cards than you will be cool.

So I'm approaching this with an openmind. I think it could be great

Nice hunewearl ass.

I'd never buy it =-_-=

first PSO i won't buy.

now where's that shock and awe iraqi most wanted card battle game for ps2?

Chao Abuser

they could have at least updated the enemy models... look at the barble (or whatever its called)

Quickie in flyff- aibatt

I think that it may work. I liked Lost Kingdoms(until I beat it) I didn't have that strong of a deck though. It took me a whole 6 hours to beat it though. I hope that this isn't like that. Sometimes these little Cliche games work. Pokemon is still selling games...

I think I'm going to cry now. But seriously, very disappointed. I mean sure it's new, it looks like it's well thought out but it's not PSO. It's cards. With a PSO shell of sorts. It's been done with so many things.

I play PSO becuase of it's freedom in battles (Even though it's simple) and all the other stuff it's got now. Sure the battles could be way better, why not install a Zelda style system? that'd work with a lot of people. But no cards, please not cards....

Ah well, I may buy it, may not. I'll just wait and see how this develops.

-Piro Skies