Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast
    Skilled Fighter

I think its looks great and it will play great. They have been developing this for ages.

Rage of Innocence

I don't know what to think. If it is titled Episode 3 then it will probably be an update with new items, and maybe new stages. The card battle thing might be an extra mode, like battle and challenge was on v2.

If it is exclusively card battle, I might not get it. Have to wait until E3 to see.

If battle is exclusively turn-based, then it's an entirely different kind of game. One I personally won't buy, altough I reckon it may find its public.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MORB on 2003-04-28 10:42 ]</font>

My first reaction to this was that it will totally stink. It seems that they are turing an action RPG into a typical turn based RPG with cards. I enjoyed the way combat is played in PSO. It could be tweaked and added onto sure, and I think it needed to be expanded. But Cards???? I'm not into card games, never was and never will be.

But after thinking for a moment I decided to wait and see what ST says at E3. Perhaps the cards are an extra style of attack and not the main means of fighting. Doubtful but we shall see.

Terrible I practically agree with you 100%. Sega has been slacking lately. The only new Sonic games we have gotten are slightly beefed up DC ports. GBA Sonic games are the only REAL Sonic games released. The last good game Sega released was Panzer Dragoon Orta. But to me that was not as great as the old stories. I have my own dislikes about the "style" used in PDO. Virutal On Marz & Sega GT online are the best games on that list and I doubt that VO: Marz will be online.
    "This plan is so bad it HAS to be ours."

"Virutal On Marz"

Is that the same as VO: Oratorio Tangram? I loved that game, they're making a new one?! On what?! T_T

Not banned

I am very dissappointed...very...I wanted like the same thing almost with all new stuff and levels and baddies and weapons.....but, I will buy it. With me being a hardcore PSO fan, I am obligating myself to give it a try.

Yes, they should make it a new mode or something, that would be totally better than the game just being Card battling.

Final thoughts = I will buy it, depending on what I learn about it in the future. Like someone posted earlier, if they add a Zelda like system to it, I will definately buy the game.

Honestly...a Devil May Cry battle system would be sweet.....totally sweet

I think it'll be great, just like the other PSO games. Even though cheating has always been around, Sonic Team has managed quite well to create a good game. It has it downs, yes, but that doesn't mean it has no good things about it. Don't whine until you've seen / tried / heard more about it.

OT: Here is some info on the new VO. A little old but it is something.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/v...arz/index.html
    "This plan is so bad it HAS to be ours."

On 2003-04-28 10:37, Scan_Man wrote:
    I don't know what to think. If it is titled Episode 3 then it will probably be an update with new items, and maybe new stages. The card battle thing might be an extra mode, like battle and challenge was on v2.

If it is exclusively card battle, I might not get it. Have to wait until E3 to see.
    This is not exactly what I was expecting when I said I wanted to see a PSO III. Like most of you all out there I had so much high hopes for episode 3, I wanted to see new locations, new classes, new costumes for existing characters, new weapons, new monsters, etc so when I saw this article at gamespot I really was shocked, PSO 3 is going to be a card game???

Currently there is not enough information available for me to decide on whether I would like this game or not ( remember I took an instant dislike to PSO v.1 back when it first came out but now PSO is one of my favorite games ever ), on one hand the card battles will probably add complexity and depth to the gameplay and since I like turn based rpg's this will be a good thing for me but on the other hand it will defently slow things down alot and take away the imediate satisfaction of physically destroying your opponents face to face.

I like the way Scan_Man thinks and I hope he is right, that the card battles are an extra mode as opposed to being the standard format from whcich the game is played.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SubstanceD on 2003-04-28 23:14 ]</font>

old school fanatic

On 2003-04-28 08:22, MagicPink wrote:
    That looks TERRIBLE!!

I don't want to play some stupid card battle game! I want to play PSO!!

-horrendoulsy disappointed MP
    I am with you 100%. This looks incredibly weak