Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was mad. I had just lvl'ed, as well as my MAG. Then, the BSOD comes up. That made me even more mad. I went downstairs to the PC, leaving the DC on, with the BSOD. I just talked to some friends and then went back up after maybe 5 min. The BSOD was gone, and the intro was playing. I went to load my saved game, and everything was there, mag, all my items.. I was happy. I guess.
    =)
    Hope this helps!
    CloudStrife7

What a lucky person, good job, please tell me if that ever happens again. I want to know if you wait a few minutes then you wouldn't lose anything.

Yes, it could be possible...some sort of Data ressurection technique. Maybe.....If that ever happenes again tell us.

Rappy Hunter

There's 2 ways to prevent BSOD from striking you. There's the auto-disconnect trick, where you just let your DC idle until the auto-disconnect kicks in. And then there's the forced disconnect trick, where you just pull out the phone cord from the DC, forcing the DC to disconnect you from PSO.

If done correctly, both tricks should say "Line Disconnected, exiting PSO" or something like that and then your DC should automatically do a quit save. BSOD is blocked, all your gear is saved, and all's right with the world. ^_^

The real reason why you lose stuff when you BSOD is because you shut off the DC without doing a proper save. So when the BSOD happens to you, DO NOT IMMEDIATELY TURN OFF THE DC. Try these tricks first, and ONLY shut off the DC as a last resort.

Lastly, there is no fix for post-BSOD'd characters. Once that file is corrupted, your character is as good as dead...

when i get the BSOD i just do a soft reset...it saves my game then i can start again...works for me...

What was now shall be
    What is will cease to exist...

Mystariana
    FOmarl
    Lvl. 15
    Blue dress...brown hair

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Mystariana on 2001-02-18 02:29 ]</font>

What i did when my DC froze is open teh cd lid till the disk stopped closed it, let it load. turn off my DC and when i loaded it i had all my exp. equipment and item in the bank. The only thing i lost was stuff in my item list that was not equiped.

Yeah. It happened again. Not to say I was happy that it did, but it did. I just waited, and it disconnected again. Hope this helps.
    Cloud

I'm DSL with the BBA playing PSO oh and XYZ PDQ.

I think I've seen games with people getting the BSOD or something similar. A couple of games recently I saw the other players just lag completely and then after about a minute they would vanish.

This doesn't kick me out although I do end up alone since the other players all disappear. I'm still connected to Sega's network and can join lobbys and stuff.

Anyone with BBA having BSOD's?

-SSZ

oh hey Cloud was that in the game I was in? I saw a Cloud in there briefly.. That other guy too, I can't remember his name.. Y'all dropped on me, you first then the other two.

-SSZ

It was me and cloud with u SubZero. I got the BSOD too. Just rip out your phone cord and wait a few seconds and it will come back, disconnect and save.