Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Article: First Phantasy Star Zero Trailer Released!

The very first footage of Phantasy Star Zero has been released!

<div style="width:500px; text-align:center"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="500" height="319" src="http://gamevideos.1up.com/swf/gamevideos11.swf?embedded=1&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;a utoplay=0&amp;src=http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/videoListXML%3Fid%3D21760%26adPlay%3Dtrue" align="middle"></embed>
    Phantasy Star Zero trailer</div>
    Aside from this, images from the latest issue of Famitsu surfaced, revealing new bits of information on the upcoming DS title. I took a moment to translate what I could make out, though some details are a bit sketchy due to the blurriness of the picture. I'll be sure to update this post as I am able to clarify any of this.

• Two story characters have been revealed: Salisa (newman) and Kai (human). Salisa is described as "a young girl from a forgotten race" while Kai is called "a veteran Hunter."
    • Photon arts are confirmed for the game, explaining the presence of a PP gauge in previous screens as opposed to a TP gauge. When PP is used with a weapon, a "charge attack" is performed, otherwise known as a photon art. The style of attack varies depending on weapons.
    • One new technique was revealed: Alresta. This heals all party members within a certain radius of the caster as opposed to Resta which heals only the caster. It turns out that Alresta is simply a "charged" version of Resta.
    • Newmans were born on the moon, and are a good-natured race that had been long forgotten.
    • As with Phantasy Star Online, the background music in Zero will change when enemies are encountered.
    • The story mode focuses on a group known collectively as "The Hunters." They discovered weaponry based around photon energy from an ancient civilization and now are using those weapons to fight back against a presently unnamed enemy.

Thanks to Evila for posting the magazine article and trailer! Also, feel free to jump into our discussion of this new info at the newly-opened Phantasy Star Zero forum!

Default "Photon arts are confirmed

"Photon arts are confirmed for the game, explaining the presence of a PP gauge in previous screens as opposed to a TP gauge."
    Boooooo. I at least hope techniques are kept seperate from wands and rods, though. Then I wouldn't mind.
    "As with Phantasy Star Online, the background music in Zero will change when enemies are encountered."
    AWWWWW YEEEEAAAAAAH.
    Phantasy Star Zero; bringing my favourite game to my favourite console.

Default Salisa = Karen/ Kai = Ethan

Salisa = Karen
    / Kai = Ethan Waber
    Now who didn't see this coming? xD lols!
    @point5: FUDGING AWESOME! I'd loved that about PSO <33333

Default Leave it to Nintendo to take

Leave it to Nintendo to take every serious series and change it into fucking 10 year old heroes wacking monsters in childhood land with rainbows!
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Default This is unbelievable!

This is unbelievable!
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

Default Nice,,,

Nice,,,
    http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." - "Good night, and good luck"

JOE - Ship 2 - Gu75 / Ra75
    *Warning Bad Spelling Often*

Default Just because it's on the DS

Just because it's on the DS doesn't mean it's made by Nintendo, it's still made by Sega. And I'm not defending Nintendo, I actually don't much care for them ANYMORE either.

Default I came. Can't wait for

I came.
    Can't wait for more...
    Can't wait for it to come out.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

Default HOLY CRAP, that looks

HOLY CRAP, that looks AMAZING. I can only hope it turns out as amazing as it looked.

Ship 2 - Gatz

Default "It is said that newmans

"It is said that newmans were born on the moon."
    ... ... ... ... ... [insert HAETFUL rants about Sega's epic cliches here.]
    And Beasts were born on MARS!! LOLOLZ
    >_>
    but srsly, this looks like epic stuff, though. Can't wait for more stuff about this game to come out...
    Neko~
    Wuh wuh wee woo!?