Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Article: Gameplay Footage Released

The Tokyo Game Show is currently in session and the first gameplay footage has been released by Gamekyo. If you have Flash enabled, you can view the video below.

<object width="512" height="307" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0" ><param name=movie value="http://www.gamekyo.com/flash/flvplayer.swf?videoid=13295"><param name=allowfullscreen value="true"><embed src="http://www.gamekyo.com/flash/flvplayer.swf?videoid=13295" allowfullscreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="307"></embed></object>

The video features a player using a FOnewearl to fight against the Rayburn. While the player does not appear to have a firm grasp of game mechanics, we do get to see following new game elements such as item boxes, switching areas, boss portals, and the combat system.

Credit goes to Risingsun for discovering this video. You can join in on the discussion in this forum thread.

Default its that dragon again!

Cool footage!
    And the dragon as a first boss comes as a synonym with the Phantasy Star brand now, I reckon. Playing Phantasy Star? You can bet your life that first boss will be a dragon! (I'm not complaining...)

See my artwork at http://voxie.co.uk I hope to draw a super sexy hunewearl once I get a closer look at them in can stop playing PSO2...

Default It looks like it plays a

It looks like it plays a fair bit like PSO but that treasure box was a bit weird. I was disappointed the dragon didn't dig in to the ground.

Default "While the player does not

"While the player does not appear to have a firm grasp of game mechanics..." No kidding! He has absolutely no clue what he is doing! Still, good footage. Looks like PS 0 is heading in the PSO direction which is wonderful if you ask me, and I think thousands of others feel the same way.

Default I think the flyby attacks

I think the flyby attacks made more sense though.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

Default My only complaint about ps0

My only complaint about ps0 is the way the characters walk, theres too much bounce in their step. Other than that it looks awesome.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

Default The characters run as if

The characters run as if they're on moon boots or something... aside from that it looked ok, I guess.
    It looked decent- nothing outstanding though. I just wish the video would have shown someone who knew what to do- half the video was the FOnewearl running round in circles...
    As I don't own a DS currently, but do have a PSP, I'll probably give this game a miss and just get Phantasy Star Portable instead.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Default How come people keep saying

How come people keep saying this is like PSO? If you ask me this game is PSU with the old classes you had in PSO. The walking looks like PSU, the fighting system looks like PSU and even the boss looks like it.

Default It's looks like a mixture of

It's looks like a mixture of PSO and PSU. I'm still waiting for a next gen remake of the original PSO for the xbox360/ps3. I'd still like to get ps0 and psp if they come out in the US. I'm not that excited about either of them though.
    Bring back Phantasy Star Online!

Default I can't see how is this

I can't see how is this gonne be better than PSU anyway. the run look like it is in framskip 30 or may be lower than that.
    being able to bring it anywhere mean nothing to me, when I can only play game at home.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server