Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Article: GUARDIANS Cash Introduced in Japan

Thursday, June 4 marked the introduction of a brand new in-game currency to the Japanese PC/PS2 servers. Dubbed "GUARDIANS Cash," this optional service allows players to purchase varying quantities of GC to gain access to exclusive missions with various bonuses and rewards. (For details on the cost of GC, please see this post.) Currently, only two GC missions have been released: "Legacy of the Light" and "Entrusted Defense." "Legacy of the Light" offers players a chance of obtaining drops from LV175 enemies, but also a variety of new weapons from boxes within the mission. The include the likes of Soul Eater, Rocket Punchers, Motav Prophecy and more. The second mission, "Entrusted Defense," places players in a VR simulation of an enemy invasion at GUARDIANS HQ. This mission offers players a 350% EXP boost as well as a boost to PA EXP payout.

Along with these two missions came a new exchange mission called "Photon Crystal Exchange." Here players can compress Photon Drops (received from GC missions) into Photon Crystals and trade these crystals for different weapons and even clothes and parts. Of note, replica sets of the GH410 and GH480's clothing are available.

Despite some players enjoying the new missions and items, the introduction of the GUARDIANS Cash system to the Japanese servers has received a lot of flak from both the Japanese and the English communities alike. English GMs have stated that the GC system has not been confirmed for an English version release, but all feedback is welcome as it can help determine what is best for the community as far as this content goes. If you would like to jump in on the discussion and leave your thoughts on the system, please feel free to do so at the forum. But, please remember to keep your posts clean and on-topic!

Default Guardians Cash

Lets see in Japan they have 210 levels we only have 150 upcoming 160 so fighting 175 monsters in japan very easy us fighting 175 a very hard challenge as I see it give us 210 cap like in Japan it would only make it fair.Or set the monster cap at 125 with same prize drops only fair right? really sega we are not stupid in the States.

I see dumb people... tyler2zelda's Avatar

Default I see...

Oh wow, I see what they did there.
    Guardian's Cash = GC = GameCube (where PDs really kicked off).
    Photon Drops = Special Currency = Original PSO Economy.
    Photon Drops = Photon Crystals = Gallon's Shop.
    Photon Crystals = Photon Crystal Exchange = Black Paper's Deal.
    WE'RE GOINNN BAACCCKKKK TO THE FUTUREEEEE... (or even Towards the Future).
    "...and thus, Dark Falz is reborn. From another dimension, he conquers the souls of those on other planes of existence. He cannot be defeated, but we may try to contain it... for someday we shall perish."

Default The cap is only LV180 on the

The cap is only LV180 on the JP side... I'm not quite sure where you got 210.

Default Not too sure how good this

Not too sure how good this will work, but i guess we will see when and if this comes to us...and i do think that the level cap should be same as japan to make it fair, or make the monsters a lower level to accommodate for our lower level cap...

Default Guardians Cash

Ok I was told by many gamers that Japans cap was 210 I stand corrected,But still think the same way about meeting Japans cap or lowering the monsters to even out the fighting,If they did do so I would try it out.

Default id

id pay if need be but i no most will not fact is psu is not haf is big in the usa as it is in japan there for i say if there gnna bring it out just give it to us for free but thay have to bring it out otherwise thats just unfare when push comes to to ill say onething if thay dont bring this out here ill quit

Default or

or better yet sell psu cash at gamecrazy or gamestop just like micro points that way ppl can buy it easy insted of worrying about there cred card if sega can do that then thay may have a slim shot of staying in the game if not mise well just give up............sorry for posting 2 times ty

Default Well this is retarted, cause

Well this is retarted, cause look the new people who start can pay a few extra bucks and get the same level as everyone else...i dont like it, and i surly hope we dont get it...i already pay $9.99 a month for no new content....lol, why would we pay more? to do 1 mission, wow id rather pay for an expansion before paying for this...

Default I think its a bad idea, I

I think its a bad idea, I mean we already are barely pushing a full sever even on weekends when there iisn't an even going on, and now your going to ask your few remaining fans to pay even more money if they want to get good stuff? Oh and the extra exp and pa boost thing isn;t enough to sell it because I mean like someone else said, you get a new char and pay alittle more and you can get right up there with the best of us, with half the work. I think its a bad idea, they sould just come out with the stuff as rare items and leave us payin 10 bucks a month when we rarely get new stuff anyways.