Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Article: Sega of Japan Renews Phantasy Star Online 2 Domain Name

Shougai PSO, a Japanese fansite, posted an article today noting that Sega of Japan has renewed the registration for pso2.jp. With the looming 10th anniversary of the original release of Phantasy Star Online, some fans are taking this as a clue for the possible future direction the franchise may take. Hopefully, this will prove to be more than a standard domain name renewal.

Credit goes to Ryuodo and Mike for alerting us to this news. You can discuss the possible ramifications of this news in this forum thread.

Default This is great news!!

This is great news!!

Default *crosses fingers* Please

*crosses fingers* Please don't let the new Phantasy Star console game (if there will be one) be a PSO remake and/or sequel. PLEASE.

Default Well, I wouldn't mind a

Well, I wouldn't mind a sequel to PSO, as long as there's completely new areas, or new areas based on old ones, but still different from the PSO areas, as long as the gameplay is a huge improvement over what is already in PSPo2...and...as long as it's a completely new game and not a remake, even if it uses Ragol.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Default With a domain name like

With a domain name like pso2.jp, it's pretty hard not to be a sequel.

Default It would be nice to see area

It would be nice to see area percents and TP make a return. This element and PP stuff is too much of a hassle, as well as grinding and synthing.

Default ...I just dropped a load of

...I just dropped a load of rainbows in my pants...

Default Ehh, the thing with me is: I

Ehh, the thing with me is: I want an entirely new planet(s) and story. I think PSP2 was a good place to end the Gurhal Saga, and I don't really want to see Ragol again, and Algol has been out of the picture since PSIV. I want a completely new Phantasy Star experience. That's just my feelings, though.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Default This could be a potentially

This could be a potentially amazing hint at something great to come...
    or it could be Sega simply trying to secure a domain name for no serious reason.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Default As much as I love Phantasy

As much as I love Phantasy Star Portable and as much as I am looking forward to Phantasy Star Portable 2 I'm still waiting for a proper Online Phantasy Star game to apear on the Home Consoles and the PC ( and PSU does not count ). This news gives me hope that Sega still has somthing big planned for PSO's 10th year anniversary.