Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default iŽll have to save money for

iŽll have to save money for a very good PC XD...
    cause iŽll buy it...
    also the video give me the chills....
    my character on psp2i:
    ダニエル human male
    R. フィニガン beast male
    シュタウフェンベルク cast female
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic61202_6.gif

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

Default I'm sure it'l be released on

I'm sure it'l be released on consoles, at least for 360. It might come a little bit after the PC release, but I'm almost certain they won't have it exclusive to PC users. At least I'd hope not, that would really suck to all original PSO fans, a lot of which who probably don't have a nice enough computer to run it.

Default Hopefully we see some kind

Hopefully we see some kind of gameplay details/footage soon, but it's nice to see this confirmed. Maybe Newmans will be worth a damn again!

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Default ^ This has to be some kind

^at post saying PC ruined Phantasy Star: This has to be some kind of sick joke if you have any technical knowledge whatsoever. Consoles can be hacked too (Dreamcast PSO? Gamecube PSO? If there was no PC version it was only a matter of time before SOMEONE figured out a PS2 hack). A shitty useless anti-hack is no excuse for something to be "PC's" fault. PC was and always will be the most customizable platform with the smoothest gameplay and best graphics.
    Either way, really excited to hear about this and I can't wait to play it!
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Default I think this is pretty

I think this is pretty interesting news. The only thing is, is whether Sega is really ready for this.
    I would love a good PC game of this, don't get me wrong. However, throwing your gauntlet into the most over-crowded and competitive market is the main risk here.
    On the consoles, the competition of online RPGs against Phantasy Star is bleak. On the PC, you have to perform literal miracles to get noticed and to hold the crowd. On there, you compete against many developers, many with very strong post-release support. Speedy updates, and the idea that almost every time a gamer turns around, there's some new content added with news and announcements. And that's even for the Free-to-Play and One-time-payment models.
    Those who can't keep up with the Joneses, in the PC world, usually get left in the dust. That's my only main concern. Not to mention, how it's extremely rare for a Sci-fi Themed ORPG or MMO to survive in the PC world. To a certain degree, if you count (anywhere), only EVE online and Phantasy Star have held any kind of longevity for Sci-Fi online server-supported experience.
    I wish them the best of luck, but I also warn them that if they expect Phantasy Star Online 2 to work, they will have to go several steps above and beyond their previous games. Even though Phantasy Star online has been more straight-up action, it still steps in the toughest competitive market to have the success you want with it. Basically, you got to have an Action Sci-fi model with the support on the level of Blizzard. A very very tall order.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Default WOOT!!!!!

The shear joy and funny feeling in my pants dictates one thing...Beyond excitement for 2011

Default my body cant control

my body cant control itself.........

Default I think this will be a

I think this will be a console game too. Console generations usually only last around 5 or 6 years and the current systems are lagging way beyond current PC capabilities. I'm sure new consoles are on the way soon, but they are holding off on the announcements to sell their gimmicky motion-based crap (although that is starting to look good now, new Panzer Dragoon!?!?). So of course Sega can't come out and say that they are possibly developing this game on a console that hasn't been announced yet.

Default I would be happier about

I would be happier about this announcement if PSO2 were coming out on the PS3 or the 360. I don't play PC games and not even the announcement of PSO2 will get me to budge from this stance.

Default @#%$! YES! YES! YEEEESSSSS!!

@#%$!
    YES!
    YES!
    YEEEESSSSS!!