Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Article: SEGA Pass Database Compromised, Payment Info NOT Affected

SEGA sent emails out this morning notifying customers that it had identified unauthorized entry into its SEGA Pass database. The database, containing account information for SEGA Pass members, is said to have been compromised and the service was subsequently brought offline to protect from further intrusion and allow for investigation of the breach. Information that may have been obtained by the intruders includes email addresses, dates of birth, and encrypted passwords of SEGA pass members. SEGA emphasized in their email to consumers that no personal payment information was compromised, as an external payment provider is used to handle and store these details. Here is the full email sent to SEGA Pass members:

"Dear _______,

As you may be aware, the SEGA Pass system has been offline since yesterday, Thursday 16 June.

Over the last 24 hours we have identified that unauthorised entry was gained to our SEGA Pass database.

We immediately took the appropriate action to protect our consumers’ data and isolate the location of the breach. We have launched an investigation into the extent of the breach of our public systems.

We have identified that a subset of SEGA Pass members emails addresses, dates of birth and encrypted passwords were obtained. To stress, none of the passwords obtained were stored in plain text.

Please note that no personal payment information was stored by SEGA as we use external payment providers, meaning your payment details were not at risk from this intrusion.

If you use the same login information for other websites and/or services as you do for SEGA Pass, you should change that information immediately.

We have also reset your password and all access to SEGA Pass has been temporarily suspended.

Additionally we recommend you please take extra caution if you should receive suspicious emails that ask for personal or sensitive information.

Therefore please do not attempt to login to SEGA Pass at present, we will communicate when the service becomes available.

We sincerely apologise for this incident and regret any inconvenience caused.

We are contacting all our members with these recommendations.

If you have any further questions please contact SEGA customer support on [email protected]"
    Sega now joins companies like Sony and Codemasters in the list of those targeted by recent security breaches. Feel free to drop by the forums to join in on the ongoing discussions regarding this latest incident, or to place your bets on who's next!

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Default The Bastages!

The Bastages!
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Default Is hacking major companies

Is hacking major companies the in thing now?

Default Really?

Seriously, what vendetta do these hackers have against the gaming industry and it's communities?
    Secretly, this is all a plot by Jack Tompson. I know it.

I won the Nobel prize for texting while on duty Ithildin's Avatar

Default Happy days, welcome to the

Happy days, welcome to the real world...
    Click On Banner

Default Wonder what's gonna get

Wonder what's gonna get hacked next?

Default Reminds me of Alex Jones

Reminds me of Alex Jones talking about shutting down the web etc etc to control the internet under terrorist threats. It's a conspiracy!

Default These Hackers need to get a

These Hackers need to get a life.
    PSU JP: Mirai Ichi Lv 180 / PSU US/EU PC/PS2: Miray Lv 165

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Default They also hacked Nintendo as

They also hacked Nintendo as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Default It's not just gaming

It's not just gaming industries. It's all well-known entities. There's a string of copycat Internet crimes going around and all big companies are targeted. I figure just about everybody is putting some security measure. And if they aren't, why aren't they doing that since like weeks ago? You'd figure a national cloud security agency like RSA and the US Senate, after SONY would've tipped them off.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.