Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Article: PSO2 Media Briefing Summary

Earlier today, a Media Briefing for Phantasy Star Online 2 was held on the Nico Nico website. Hosted by Satoshi Sakai, this briefing gave an excellent overview of the character creation process and provided us with exciting new details about the game. Here are some of the highlights:

Character Creation

During the briefing, the character creator received significant attention. After picking a race and profession, you will be able to adjust your character's ear, nose, eye, mouth, bust, leg, and arm sizes. Screens for adding tattoos and beards were shown. If the screenshots are accurate, you will be able to create a FOcast in Phantasy Star Online 2!

HUnewearl Customization

HUmar Customization

CAST Job Selection. The FOcast is on the right.
    Several videos of the character creator are available in this forum thread.
    Lobby System

Phantasy Star Online 2 feature an online lobby system. From the lobbies, players will be able to jump into missions.

Lobby Area
    Gameplay Details

From the briefing's gameplay segments, we learned the following information:
    • There will be multiple party areas. Up to 12 players can play in these areas.
    • Casts will have the ability to hover and skate.
    • Hunters can use a whip-like weapon to throw enemies around.

Easier than Walking
    Stages and Enemies

Several new enemies and gameplay areas were introduced in today's briefing. Included among the enemies was the standard fire-breathing Dragon. What is unique about this variation is that you'll be able to jump on the Dragon's back and attack it!

It wouldn't be Phantasy Star without a Dragon

More Enemies
    Skill Customization

You will be able to increase your character's fighting abilities by increasing your class level. This will help unlock new skills and abilities.

Skill Tree
    This is only some of the highlights from today's briefing. For additional information, be sure to check out the Phantasy Star Online 2 forum! You'll be able to view several videos from today's briefing in this forum thread.

Default The CAST skating reminds me

The CAST skating reminds me of Virtual On! Now I might even consider playing a CAST for the first time!

Default Nice job SEGA.......now

Nice job SEGA.......now please let everyone enjoy this game.
    ....ahem, and don't forget mags

Default Sold.

Sold.
    The real hardcore players are the ones having fun! ...Me? Hehe...

Metroid Masta

Default I wouldn't be so quick.

I wouldn't be so quick. Although the game truly does look amazing and it probably will be with or without international servers. You have to think. All of this was not targeted to NA/EU players whatsoever. Honestly I probably will buy the game too but I'm expecting the same thing that happened with PSU. Slowly, but surly we fall further and further behind Japan in updates.
    My last and final request is only that we get the same appreciation for paying every month as the JP servers did. It really was a heated conversation every time the JP servers got brought up in PSU with my buddies. We could rant on all night about how unfair it is seeing as we pay every month.
    All I can do is prey for international servers. In fact, I beg you Sega. MAKE INTERNATIONAL SERVERS!

Default I highly doubt these will be

I highly doubt these will be on console, so there will be no wall to climb over (Microsoft) to step into the situation. So maybe with that said we won't have a update problem.

Default So if I'm a Cast AND hunter,

So if I'm a Cast AND hunter, can I both hover and use the whip-thing?

G-Sorcerer hunter/bait Pioneer1111's Avatar
    shallow cave in the mountains of Ragol with a great view of the sea

Default I was sold a long time

I was sold a long time ago.

But if not, the third picture would do it.

FOcast!!!

finally!

I have no idea whose image this is. If you know, then I would love it if you could tell me so I can congratulate him/her on having such an awesome sense of humor.

Default Got dammit, i want PSO2 so

Got dammit, i want PSO2 so badly but if you live in EU (Sweden) you got to wait sooo looong....
    Cant EU get this before JP ;-p

Default awesome. i'm salivating over

awesome. i'm salivating over this lol!
    but... did anyone notice that the bust customization is insanely detailed.
    ive never seen that much customization in the past phantasy star games. its kinda creepy. and it makes me worry that theres going to be an army of loli characters with triple H cup sizes running around.
    PSU characters:
    Goldbrease human lv:150 HU:10 RA:5 FF:20 FI:20