Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Article: PSO2 Event & New footage at Dengeki 2012 Thanks Festival

According to Shogai, there was a playable PSO2 demo at the Dengeki Thanks Festival 2012 in Akihabara on the 18th. There was also a talk show with Sakai and some new footage too.
    Here is the main footage video from the show:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaJszSQ5aKw[/ame]
    Some information known so far:
    • Mags can attack by themselves based on their stats.
    • Mag feeding works like it did in Zero. You can feed them weapons and armor.
    • SPECIAL WEAPONs may return since a techer (tekker) is a possibility in the new city
    • Mags have the same stats that characters have + an "energy" meter
    • Additionally, mags have an "Auto Action" and "Trigger Actions."
    • Trigger Actions look to be similar to what mags did in PSO when certain conditions were met (boss, low health, PB full).
    • Auto Actions are things like physical attacks, shooting, or techs.
    • Mags can be given "devices" that accelerate their evolution.

Credit goes to Mike for bringing us this news, and Vashyron for the video. You can discuss this news and view more videos in the forum thread.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Default I can't wait until they

I can't wait until they officially announce this for the US and other countries!!!

Default If they decided to bring it.

If they decided to bring it. There is a slim chance this may be a JP only game..-.-

Default OMFG THE MAGS ALSO

OMFG THE MAGS ALSO ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!! I guess no more R-Mags nor Tech Mags cuz this mag seems to to it all

Default Dat lobby..

Dat lobby..

Default With every single update...

With every single update... with every little tidbit of new information... I have an epic nerdgasm and get goosebumps.
    I... just... wah. T___T I'm so excited. I haven't been this excited for a game in I don't know how long. *Le sigh*
    Sega, please. PLEASE release this in the US, or at least make an international-friendly version or something. I don't think I'll be able to NOT play this game.

Full-Support FOmarl since Dreamcast PSO ver. 1
    Crown Princess by birth--Empress Regnant by destiny.

Moved back to Utah. Goodbye, Japan... ; ;

Default Wow, those were cards being

Wow, those were cards being thrown, right? SO much better than before! Also, I really miss the partisans from PSO. They were basically faster, weaker swords. I liked them better than swords since I could hit multiple enemies faster in close combat. Hate spears in PSU/PSP since they only stab (aside from PAs). Here's hoping they keep the multi-slash from PSO, as it seems they do. Couldn't tell for sure.
    Aki on GC PSO, PS2 PSU: AotI, and PSP2i.

地獄へ行くの? お前が先だ!
    DC PSO veteran/The Original Duman

Default As always everyone's whining

As always everyone's whining it might not be EU/US release I say get over it and just play it on JP server. The language barrier doesn't prevent players who can't speak JP from having a good time on JP PSU.
    Annoying they've kept the same vile attack and weapon SFX from PSU and probably the PSP titles. As with PSU i'm going to have to leave the sound on mute whilst I listen to music or some such because those SFX have really abrasive tones in my opinion..
    Tifa
    Desktop - Intel i7 6700K 4.0 Ghz, Nvidia 1080 GTX Founders Edition, 16GB 3000 Mhz DDR4 RAM, Samsung 49" CHG 90 UltraWide HDR QLED Gaming Monitor

Laptop - Intel i7 2.8 Ghz (IvyBridge), ATI 7970 2 GB, 16 GB (1866 Mhz) DDR RAM, 17" Display

Default Missing out on a good market

Missing out on a good market wouldnt be great for sega. The game for japan isnt scheduled for another year at best. Then it takes almost another year before translation. I seriously coughed up alot of money on the dreamcast and xbox when they came out. Heck im not playing PSU but i still support the game by leaving my automatic subscription. Give it time and itll be announced...otherwise i have a sega building right down my street and ill break a few windows until they say yes.

Default Yes, they would miss out on

Yes, they would miss out on a lot of money by not releasing in EU/US. Thus I don't see the cause for alarm amongst all these people in a panic about not getting the game. I'd just like to know where all this panic has stemmed from because as far as I can tell it's totally unfounded internet hearsay.
    I doubt Sega would be foolish enough to miss out on the income releasing this game globally would bring. However Sega of America royally messed up the updates for PSU and I hold no hope in their abilities for PSO2 whatsoever. Thus, even if it does get released in EU/US I wouldn't ever consider buying it.
    Tifa
    Desktop - Intel i7 6700K 4.0 Ghz, Nvidia 1080 GTX Founders Edition, 16GB 3000 Mhz DDR4 RAM, Samsung 49" CHG 90 UltraWide HDR QLED Gaming Monitor

Laptop - Intel i7 2.8 Ghz (IvyBridge), ATI 7970 2 GB, 16 GB (1866 Mhz) DDR RAM, 17" Display