Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Article: PSO2 (JP) Emergency Maintenance Scheduled for Tonight 12/6/12

Yesterday's massive content update brought with it some unintended bugs that have been causing players to change colors, freeze at loading screens, and shake uncontrollably. The team over at SEGA is on top of it, though, announcing this morning that some fixes are on the way and a 6-hour emergency maintenance will be taking place from 8:00am to 2:00pm JST on 12/7/12 (for those of us in the States, that's tonight from 6pm to midnight EST / 5pm-11pm CST / 4pm-10pm MST / 3pm-9pm PST).

The update will be attempting to correct the following bugs and issues:
    [*]Being stuck at the loading screen[*]Certain PAs and tech causing the screen to shake excessively[*]Character's skin gaining a redish hue under certain conditions[*]NPC skins becoming strange colors under certain conditions[*]Certain techs that wouldn't normally be blocked by obstacles, like rafoie, being blocked by obstacles

Additional bug fixes are also being worked on, but will come at a later time (possibly in Tuesday's update). A big thanks to Mike for posting the news in the above forum thread!

Default Blame the Vita for all the

Blame the Vita for all the bugs. They tried to optimise the game to accommodate the Vita version, and broke the PC version in the process. Everyone slow clap for the worthless Vita!

Moved back to Utah. Goodbye, Japan... ; ;

Default Do you know enough about the

Do you know enough about the programming process and how everything works? Also, is anything perfect?
    Aki on GC PSO, PS2 PSU: AotI, and PSP2i.

地獄へ行くの? お前が先だ!
    DC PSO veteran/The Original Duman

Default "By optimizing the game to

"By optimizing the game to provide support for the PlayStation Vita with an upgrade to the physics engine made for an update that had some serious issues on the entire game itself and its graphics."

Moved back to Utah. Goodbye, Japan... ; ;

Default Of course they have to work

Of course they have to work out some bugs. Nothing goes without trial and error. Just like the PC version. Wait and see.
    Aki on GC PSO, PS2 PSU: AotI, and PSP2i.

地獄へ行くの? お前が先だ!
    DC PSO veteran/The Original Duman

Default I can only wait and hope

I can only wait and hope (not see) that someday you obtain better reading comprehension.

Default From what you got there,

From what you got there, seems they've included the Vita optimization stuff in an update that ALREADY had all those bugs.

So nope. As much as I don't give a rat's ass about the Vita, this ain't it's fault. At least not this time.

Default Nope, it's still the Vita's

Nope, it's still the Vita's fault; everything is the Vita's fault. That's my arguement and I'm sticking to it, so there.

Default Ah, so it's a matter of

Ah, so it's a matter of stubborness, rather than reason. Very well, move along.

Default I'm just not sure how you

I'm just not sure how you extrapolated that: "they included the Vita optimization stuff in an update that ALREADY had all those bugs." specifically from a quote which said: "By optimizing the game to provide support for the PlayStation Vita with an upgrade to the physics engine made for an update that had some serious issues on the entire game itself and its graphics." But I'll take your word on it. Still, perhaps if the dev team weren't fooling around with the Vita, instead of making the PC version the best it could be, perhaps we wouldn't have these problems. In the last 6 months I've been playing, I've never had as many consistent daily bugs and glitches as I've experienced in the last few days. The PC version was fine for me and didn't need to be fixed. Since the update, I've been having weird collision related bugs and hard lock-ups; it seems pretty obvious that those bugs are related to the changes they've made to the collision and physics engine.