Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default most of the players I know

most of the players I know seem to not have credit card that work with the current sega jp system though.
    their system is very jp-ish, and many kind of credit card not working on it. (even though it has verified by visa already)
    which is why many still rely only choice with Webmoney

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Default but then I must ask... do

but then I must ask... do you even NEED a credit card in the first place to play this F2P game, Japanese citizen or not? If so then, my suggestion is already proved to be quite ineffective or, perhaps, that is the extent of its effectiveness. Rather depressing, if you ask me.

Default No new info yet, but we'll

No new info yet, but we'll post it here as soon as we hear something (and make it very visible on the site, so it doesn't get buried by PSO2 JP news).

P.layer K.iller K.iller Alucadra's Avatar

Default Thank you very much for the

Thank you very much for the reply. As always, I appreciate all the updates for JP as well and am very excited to join the rest of the pso-world community when PSO2 launches in the west!

Default On one hand, since botters

On one hand, since botters use multiple accounts, that $1 fee would rack up pretty badly. Plus, they'd need a formidable amount of fake cards to make their accounts, making it too impratical to even bother.

On the other hand, this game needs at least a trial period (every MMO does), which would still be exploitable. 20 bot accounts for 15 days can still generate some decent lootage. And keep in mind, those "gold sellers" are perfectly able to pay that $1 fee. Normally each idiot who gives 'em money would already pay the yearly fee of 30 bot accounts.

Also, as it's been pointed out, not everyone has a credit card (For instance, I've been buying stuff from ebay long before I had my credit card.). Game cards would be a safer option, and they can be bought in stores (either physical or online) by people who have no credit cards.

Default I know this means "OMG

I know this means "OMG CRAPPY SECURITY, I'M GONNA BE HACKED FOR SURE!!!" to some of you, but think about it:

Most of these are bots that farm in-game currency for those "gold sellers" we see in many MMOs. You may find them in the lobby, but you'll hardly have one of them in a party.

Also, most cases of hacking is due to idiocity from users who give away their passwords to strangers. Use your head and you'll be just fine!