Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabor100 View Post
    That's why we gaijins use OTP/GA, to lock yourselfs out from your own account and blame SEGA!
    the only person I am blaming is myself ya doofus; im the one with an account that I don't know the secret questions for.

heck using an OTP makes even more sense for me; even if somebody got a hold of my login credentials (which I can't change since I don't know my secret questions), they would still need a OTP to log in.

EDIT: I may or may not use google authentication, my only current concern is if I need to turn off OTP myself, or if it will harmlessly disable on it's own when it is no-longer supported; reverting back to me needing to input the item transaction password if I want to buy/sell from the player market
    Last edited by Zorak000; Jun 20, 2016 at 02:21 PM.

Are you guys referring to the OTP app secret question?
    Can't we all just get along?

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

nah the secret questions you need to have set when you created your SEGA ID; you gotta confirm at least one of them if you want to do something like change your password or contact e-mail, or in this case, disable SecureOTP

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Thats why I use the page translator so I know what I'm filling out

Holy shit lol. I created my sega ID in 2012 but I'm not sure if they required a secret question.. I only mentioned that cause there never used to be a captcha

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=9160

If you're using SecureOTP on a smartphone, they request that you switch to Google Authenticator. If you don't switch before they end SecureOTP service, you'll no longer be able to use the OTP storage and your monthly rewards will be reset.

If you're using SecureOTP on a dedicated hardware token, you won't be able to use it when they end the service, so they ask you to set an Item Trading Password before then.

The impression I get is that as long as you set an Item Trading Password they'll just terminate the OTP in September, but it doesn't actually specifically say that's what will happen.

I just switched my OTP account over to GAuth, I only was concerned cause of the secret question issue OP had, and I thought my account would be inaccessible once they phased out OTP. Also, I think it had 3 options to verify, birthday, secret question, and address (not 100% sure cause I only payed attention to what was necessary)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyly View Post
    I just switched my OTP account over to GAuth, I only was concerned cause of the secret question issue OP had, and I thought my account would be inaccessible once they phased out OTP. Also, I think it had 3 options to verify, birthday, secret question, and address (not 100% sure cause I only payed attention to what was necessary)
    Email address was required but you could pick from one of those 3 options.

So, uh, anyone willing to help me through the moonrunes to switch ot the google authenticator? I already have the app on my phone, I just need to know where to go on the site.
    Ship 02

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher106 View Post
    So, uh, anyone willing to help me through the moonrunes to switch ot the google authenticator? I already have the app on my phone, I just need to know where to go on the site.
    All of the information you need is located here.

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/otp-on...uide-for-pso2/