Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by neilp4453 View Post
    Playing a partially translated PSO2 doesn't appeal to everyone or maybe even playing on PC.

There were still things that made our life in PSO2 hard despite the translation.
    We're honestly lucky that we even got a form of translation, even if it doesn't cover everything. I think that some of us take the translation team for granted; without them, we would barely be playing at all.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

^ Truths. People need to realize the translation team works really hard for basically sweating over an unpaid job. That doesn't even account for GG's many attempts to patch out the translation efforts. A lot of the more important gameplay aspects are translated already. A casual fan doesn't necessarily need those little pod things in the field to play. Quality of life stuff can always come later.

The Phantasy Star wiki! Celebrating over 1000 pages of Phantasy Star goodness~

Quote Originally Posted by CocoCrispy View Post
    ^ Truths. People need to realize the translation team works really hard for basically sweating over an unpaid job. That doesn't even account for GG's many attempts to patch out the translation efforts. A lot of the more important gameplay aspects are translated already. A casual fan doesn't necessarily need those little pod things in the field to play. Quality of life stuff can always come later.
    Well, we could quit our jobs and or stop going to school, ignore friends & family, and just focus on the the translations and we'd probably get it completely done. But let's be realistic, that's really not the ideal way to live. Our social lives and priorities outside of translating PSO2 are more important to us than translating for people who feel a strange sense of entitlement.

We don't get paid for this, people rarely like to drop us donations especially after the whole fight between zipzo and aida.

Drama aside, we translate this game because we have something that SEGA does not: dedication.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    Well, we could quit our jobs and or stop going to school, ignore friends & family, and just focus on the the translations and we'd probably get it completely done. But let's be realistic, that's really not the ideal way to live. Our social lives and priorities outside of translating PSO2 are more important to us than translating for people who feel a strange sense of entitlement.

We don't get paid for this, people rarely like to drop us donations especially after the whole fight between zipzo and aida.

Drama aside, we translate this game because we have something that SEGA does not: dedication.
    I always shut down anyone who whines about what you guys do. And like I keep telling Aida, I'm extremely thankful for all of your hardwork, because honestly, I wouldn't be playing this game if it was all in jp. You do a good service to people and you deserve a lot more donations than what you get.

On your side always, Harken.

I think the same could be said for most of anything in the Phantasy Star fandom right now. Information gatherers like us who work on wikis basically work on what amounts as a thankless job too. You see many western fans complain all the time about why there isn't a complete English wiki, yet they never contribute to the projects that have popped up countless times to make them better. Projects such as: The Arkive, a sister wiki on wikia, and the Visiphone. Somehow we never seem to have a complete database because instead of working together as a community, we decide complaining is much more important. Even the chinese have their own database that's more up to date than most of ours, granted they also have their own localized version.

Dedication is really important to keep up the morale. I didn't help a wiki for recognition. I do it because I feel satisfied to see a nice database in my native language without having to get out a book to translate 24/7. When someone says a thank you or a keep up the good work, it just helps keep me going.

The Phantasy Star wiki! Celebrating over 1000 pages of Phantasy Star goodness~

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    We're honestly lucky that we even got a form of translation, even if it doesn't cover everything. I think that some of us take the translation team for granted; without them, we would barely be playing at all.
    The people that don't play aren't anything for granted because they aren't playing at all.

Don't get it the wrong way. Being able to play PSO2 is a god send and for those of us that do play are forever grateful. Let's face it, we can look far and wide and nothing seems to replace the void.
    Last edited by neilp4453; Jun 26, 2016 at 05:53 PM.
    GT: X xi ReaveR x X

First I have heard of this anybody got a link to what went down or at least a quick summary of it?

Quote Originally Posted by IchijinKali View Post
    First I have heard of this anybody got a link to what went down or at least a quick summary of it?
    It was regarding the WebMoney service they were running; basically, AIDA was accused of stealing from customers due to a major backup of orders with nothing outgoing (something along those lines). At any rate, no one talks about it anymore, and the relevant topic was either locked of deleted. Also, they don't do the WebMoney thing anymore, so you gotta get your AC from PSO2es.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    It was regarding the WebMoney service they were running; basically, AIDA was accused of stealing from customers due to a major backup of orders with nothing outgoing (something along those lines). At any rate, no one talks about it anymore, and the relevant topic was either locked of deleted. Also, they don't do the WebMoney thing anymore, so you gotta get your AC from PSO2es.
    Thanks I guess it was around that time my team told me it was faster and easier to go through es. Didn't like the idea since I was thinking it helped Arks-Layer but the wait was killing me.

Those who disrespected the unofficial translated version of this PSO2 should read the story of full-time, paid, official translators for The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC.