Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Oh wow, took so long to find the image, someone else took the initiative.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

3rd location - Russia
    Ship 02. Player ID Name: Firesword
    My stream: https://gaming.youtube.com/c/Fireuniverse/live

I have to wonder if they would actually start from episode 1 or just release episode 4 like they did for the PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    3rd location - Russia
    With this as a midboss:
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I have to wonder if they would actually start from episode 1 or just release episode 4 like they did for the PS4.
    PS4 client is just a different client, they don't run separate servers for it. Tbh, starting with EP1 would make more sense (content-wise, everything else should be up-to-date), so masses of new players wouldn't be overwhelmed by amount of stuff, lacking direction etc (like it is right now with PS4 players). But catching up fast would be a big priority (not like with SEA server).
    Last edited by isCasted; Jun 19, 2016 at 02:29 PM.

and nuclear missile as camo for sword)

No, but my point was, a lot of new players joined from the PS4 episode 4. Probably more than any other time.
    SEGA knew that would happen, and somewhat designed episode 4 to accommodate that.

Meaning it wouldn't be too outlandish to assume that a Western version would likely start at episode 4 as well.

Then the question would be, why didn't the Asian, Thai, etc versions start at episode 4?
    Well, because it wasn't ready back then. And episode 2/3 weren't as designed to accommodate new players.
    They probably decided it would be easier to start at episode 1 for those versions.
    Also, who knows if they'd decided they would improve the graphics?
    The companies that contracted PSO2 from SEGA probably did not expect them to do that, and wanted to localize it ASAP.

I'm sure they realize that the fancier graphics in 4 would guarantee a larger Western playerbase.
    SEGA makes a lot of terrible game design decisions, but when it comes to this sort of thing, they are usually on the ball. Because it makes them money.
    It'd be a ridiculously bad idea to release an inferior graphics version now. I can't see them doing that.

In Japan, they can rely on the Japanese community, Japanese collabs, Japanese Phantasy Star fans. But they can't use those to be successful in the West.
    They probably knew that episode 1-3 couldn't have competed with all the fancy graphics international MMOs.
    If they marketed PSO2 to the West back then, they would probably have alienated many more players than if they marketed it now.
    Most people probably wouldn't have given PSO2 a second chance. It makes more sense to snag and keep them on first attempt.

Aside from fancy graphics, they have stuff like class tutorials, Pokemon class, and Star Gems microtransactions ready to go.
    Now they're adding Las Vegas, an international location that most people will probably be able to relate to.
    They may have been waiting to complete all these things before making a move to release in the West.
    They're all things they couldn't have announced too far ahead of time either, which might explain why they couldn't explain the delay and silence.
    So, I personally think there is a chance they might announce a Western version now.

Although, AFAIK, they didn't say anything at E3, and there's still the issue with all the JP-themed content and collabs.
    But then I also wonder if the PSO2 channel following the Battlefield1? channel has any significance.
    Of course, I'm not saying to get all excited. I just personally think now seems like a good time for SEGA to try for international release.

@FireswordRus
    In Soviet Russia, sword camoflages YOU.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jun 19, 2016 at 03:08 PM.

ep4 not bad, i am like crosstime story. and i am think - this is not end...even we are can save PD from class

where is that rate thread option when you need it
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Tunga View Post
    But i want to play an inferior outdated version with bad support

I guess I should remind people of this article if this thing is really going to happen.

http://www.seganerds.com/2016/05/04/...ine-2-to-west/