Default Can't connect to the game

So I've been having some trouble connecting to the game for the past week and half now. I thought it was just the game going through weekly maintenance when I first tried, but it continues to happen every time. When I'm selecting a ship, all of them say "unknown" and if I attempt to connect, I get an error window that says code 240. I looked under the "List of errors, read this first!" forum on here and followed the directions using the "super easy PSO2Proxy to connect" link. I pasted http://cloud02.cyberkitsune.net:8080/config.json into the tweaker under "Other tasks" > "Configure PSO2 Proxy server settings" but I got a window that says "Something went wrong, would you like to upload your logfile so it can be fixed?" and message in the tweaker that says

ERROR - The process cannot access the file 'C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS' because it is being used by another process. [FAILED!]

So I really don't know what else to do here. Please help!

Run the tweaker as admin and make sure your hosts file, located in "C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc" isn't set to read only.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I tried this, but I continue to get the same error message and the ships still say "unknown"

Are you sure that Tweaker succesfully modify HOST file?

I don't think it has. I'm trying to look more into it, but my computer/program skills aren't that great

I managed to get it to work. It was my antivirus. It was preventing the tweaker from modifying the HOSTs file