Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for a tier list of classes/weapons

Interested in a tier list of classes and weapons currently.

Would like to play what's best and strongest and really interested how class balance is now, if anyone can help.

Thanks in advanced.

strong: fo/te, fo/br, te/br, fi/hu, hu/fi, ra/hu, gu/ra, su/br, su/fi

this is of course dependent on content.

As in, it's situational. It also depends on what gear you're able to get ahold of, what skills you use, your Mag, etc.
    Best try out the tutorials and see which class you like best, and then focus on that main, with a good sub.

By the way, according to the latest report, Braver is the most popular main class, followed by Hunter, Bouncer, Ranger, Force.
    http://pso2.jp/players/event/4th_aor/report/player/
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jun 22, 2016 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    As in, it's situational. It also depends on what gear you're able to get ahold of, what skills you use, your Mag, etc.
    Best try out the tutorials and see which class you like best, and then focus on that main, with a good sub.

By the way, according to the latest report, Braver is the most popular main class.
    http://pso2.jp/players/event/4th_aor/report/player/
    That's by popularity. He meant what's the best and strongest.

Though I do believe beavers dish out decent DPS. Just haven't had personal experience with all the other classes besides fo/te.

There's a lot of worthless content in this game that leads people to believe that some classes are still useful at all, so weeding them out it boils down to FO/TE and RA/HU. These two classes are borderline mandatory in some quests

Besides that, here's my mess of a tier list of most weapons on their main class vs. single bosses. From personal observations:

Top: Twin Dagger (LB), Knuckles (LB), Double Saber (LB), Bow, Twin Machine gun (Chain), Rifle, Rod/Talis
    High: Partizan, Dual Blades (PBF), Jet Boots (RB), Twin Dagger (No LB), Knuckles (No LB), Double Saber (No LB)
    Mid: Gunslash, Katana, Wired Lance, Twin Machine Gun (No Chain), Jet Boots (No RB), Dual Blades (No PBF), Sword
    Bottom: Wand (Melee), Launcher
    Last edited by Xaelouse; Jun 22, 2016 at 06:50 PM.

Purely subjective, based on personal experience and performance of many MPAs:

Classes in order of how easy it is to kick ass with them: Br > Fo > Ra > Fi > Te > Hu > Bo > Su
    No idea tier: Gu

Mainclass only. We're talking midcore experience here, not super hardcore lategame players with 180 atk affixes who organize MPAs that clear PD in 2 minutes.

Also note that a lower tier class can still perform well, it just requires more effort/investment.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    strong: fo/te, fo/br, te/br, fi/hu, hu/fi, ra/hu, gu/ra, su/br, su/fi

this is of course dependent on content.
    No more Br/Gu or Gu/Te? :O

Then again Maggy barely happens nowadays

But afaik:

• PD: Ice/Light/Wind Fo/Te or Ra/Hu WB Senpai
    • Premade Maggy: Te/Ra, Gu/Te and stack Br/Gu
    • Pub Maggy: Ra/Hu WB Senpai and stack Fi/Hu
    • TD4: Fire/Light/Dark Fo/Te or Ra/Hu WB Senpai
    • Solo XQ: Br/Hu Katana Combat Guren Lord
    • Yamato: So derp you can even faceroll as Jet Boots Bo with time to spare
    • Sanctum LQ: Fire/Light/Dark Fo/Te
    • PI: Duo in 3 minutes with Te/Ra and Br/Gu, most of which is portal time and cutscene time
    • TD1~3: Does this even exist anymore?
    • UQ: Does this even exist anymore?
    • TAs: Go check desat's Youtube
    • I don't know what quest I'm doing!: Go figure out what you're doing then come back
    Last edited by Selphea; Jun 22, 2016 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    No more Br/Gu or Gu/Te? :O

Then again Maggy barely happens nowadays
    i left out extremely niche classes that are relevant for fixed groups only (not pug).

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    There's a lot of worthless content in this game that leads people to believe that some classes are still useful at all, so weeding them out it boils down to FO/TE and RA/HU. These two classes are borderline mandatory in some quests

Besides that, here's my mess of a tier list of most weapons on their main class vs. single bosses. From personal observations:

Top: Twin Dagger (LB), Knuckles (LB), Double Saber (LB), Bow, Twin Machine gun (Chain), Rifle, Rod/Talis
    High: Partizan, Dual Blades (PBF), Jet Boots (RB), Twin Dagger (No LB), Knuckles (No LB), Double Saber (No LB)
    Mid: Gunslash, Katana, Wired Lance, Twin Machine Gun (No Chain), Jet Boots (No RB), Dual Blades (No PBF), Sword
    Bottom: Wand (Melee), Launcher
    Does katana go up a tier if you can keep up the gear?

I'd actually drop Bow a tier and up Katana a tier with the new Profound Darkness. Bow has high DPS on paper but does progressively worse the more aggressive or mobile a boss is. Conversely, Katana can chase with Guren and counter for free. Will not beat Knuckles with Heartless/F1K/BHS but the skill cap is much lower.