Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Mini-Guide: A few things expected of players in an XH multi

Edit: Mistranslated because I misunderstood the context. Well, you can still sort of use the points as a vague guide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aine View Post
    Late to the party, but you missed the point of this image. It lists various separate conflicting views on topics. For example, on the subject of gear it starts at the extreme that the only acceptable gear is fully upgraded Austere, then the next one is that anything Ares or stronger is okay, and so on.
    So, I saw this image uploaded to MMOLoda earlier.
    http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image.php?id=86493

It's a summary of stuff JP players often argue about.

There are a few things on there that even I didn't realize was a problem.
    Thought it might be interesting to translate it, but I'm also not 100% confident that I'm translating it correctly.
    I also added a bit to elaborate on the meaning of "fully-grinded".
    So, I figured maybe we can sorta discuss some of the things on there. Here goes:

Never-ending Player Disputes (a prejudiced arbitrary summary)

#What kind of weapon is sufficient for Extra Hard?
    - Austere is not acceptable unless it's fully-grinded.
    - You should have a fully-grinded (preferably 60 element) 13 star weapon equal to or better than Ares.
    - Crafted+Photon Booster Latent Red weapons, fully-grinded 12 stars, old 13 star weapons at 10303 (ie. +10, 30 element, Lv3 latent) or better are all good.
    - Small Pristine Hammer, Niren Kamui are also okay.
    - Fully-grinded 11 star weapon or better is okay (ever since XH/Ultimate was implemented).
    - Game management assumes you have a 12 star weapon.

#For Bo/Hu, is it okay to use Moment Gale's followup action? (ie. is it okay to use Zanverse without Wind Mastery or effective Latent?)
    - If nobody else is using Zanverse, then it's not a problem.
    - If it's an EQ where you just run around and there are tons of trash mobs, then do whatever.
    - If you're sure other players aren't using Zanverse with bonus damage, then do whatever.
    - To begin with, it's not good to use Moment Gale's followup on bosses.
    - Moment Gale's followup weak vacuum gets in the way, so you shouldn't be using it anyway.
    * Extra info from the thread: casting Zanverse and doing something else is better damage. Followup can be useful for Loser's clock (ie. Zanverse -> Mirage).

#Is it okay to use Katana against bosses?
    - If you're using the appropriate Photon Arts, then it's no problem.
    - However, you should be using Bow on enemies that aren't moving.
    TL note: To elaborate, people keep telling me that using Banish Arrow -> charged Kamikaze x2 with even a 20 element Orbit (13 star) Bow deals massive damage.
    * Extra info from the thread: Bow can still be used on some moving targets if you're good enough.

#When it looks like I can't kill an AIS Exoda in time, should I destroy the blaster (gun) instead?
    - Destroying the blaster leads to the AIS running amok, so you should be going for the legs.
    - However, preventing them from firing is top priority, so break the blaster if you have to.

*But what about affixes? (TL's note: not included in the original image)
    - Grinding units and weapons to maximum is far more important than affixing.
    - Get affixes that suit your playstyle, and make up for your shortcomings (eg. more defense if you die a lot).
    - More PP means more PAs/Techs, meaning more damage. Try to balance this with +damage affixes.

For the record, the stuff I didn't really know about:
    - I didn't know people thought Katana is so weak that it can't kill bosses.
    - Didn't realize people got so upset about Moment Gale's Zanverse (I used it on PD a few days ago because nobody else seemed to be using Zanverse).
    - Didn't realize Moment Gale's vacuum was considered "getting in the way".
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jul 3, 2016 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    For the record, the stuff I didn't really know about:
    - I didn't know people thought Katana is so weak that it can't kill bosses.
    - Didn't realize people got so upset about Moment Gale's Zanverse (I used it on PD a few days ago because nobody else seemed to be using Zanverse).
    some jap's ppl stupid grudges, like the one they have against dolphins, so pay no mind.

Everyone take note of how affixes aren't mentioned. :I

EDIT: Also, it's not that people think Katana can't kill bosses. It's that bow is so much stronger against big single targets that there isn't any reason to bother.

I expect anyone with TE either main or sub do the least work of Shifta at tele, but lately I've seen even TE/HU with fully grinded/affixed Quotz Cane that doesn't do that. Ugh, now I wish I can clone myself.
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Doesn't have to strictly follow what they say. Not everything is stated there.

As for Katana, as Kondibon said.

These people (not saying all people) aren't upset about Moment Gale's Zanverse. They do not like whatever Zanverse that doesn't have extra damage from Techer. Bo/Hu doesn't have it, so don't use that gale with that build IF any of those Techers (or Fo/Tes) with Wind Mastery are around. If there's literally no Zanverse, any Zanverse will definitely help.

I don't get how the Moment Gale's vacuum gets in the way though, it really depends on the enemies. You definitely ain't moving PD or Loser or even Zeta Guranz with that right. Lol. But I agree on the damage. In that case, Zondeel is way preferable if it's just about the vacuum.
    Last edited by SteveCZ; Jun 26, 2016 at 11:37 PM.

Moment Gale's shift is good to open up Loser's clock or hitting bits consistently during PD but that's all you should be using it on as far as bosses go, besides for soloing multiple bosses. Spamming Moment Gale shift only for zanverse and then think that's all you should do undermines everything about Bouncer too, so there's that.

There are several videos of someone using bow to kill ult bosses in a timely manner, and some of those bosses do move around quite a lot. That actually favors Bow's bursting capabilities even more since you can nail them with a banish while they're moving then wait till they stop for a bit to unload kamikaze.

Affixes aren't mentioned because there are good players that still use 60 attack affixes and focus on HP, PP, or all attack stats instead. Max grind + element relevant weapon and 11* units are way more important and that's why they only mentioned that.

Quote Originally Posted by nguuuquaaa View Post
    I expect anyone with TE either main or sub do the least work of Shifta at tele, but lately I've seen even TE/HU with fully grinded/affixed Quotz Cane that doesn't do that. Ugh, now I wish I can clone myself.
    You are walking on thin ice of becoming a moron there. Try to worry yourself with IRL problems and your random playmates won't appear as troublesome, so you won't need to treat them like shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    Affixes aren't mentioned because there are good players that still use 60 attack affixes and focus on HP, PP, or all attack stats instead. Max grind + element relevant weapon and 11* units are way more important and that's why they only mentioned that.
    That's a good point. From what I have noticed ppl who plays way too often constantly talking about affixes. It may be a very nice bonus, but most of damage came out of your build and general gaming ability. I'm sure somebody gonna tell me now that affixes our everything.
    Last edited by ZerotakerZX; Jun 27, 2016 at 12:15 AM.

Aw, I personally sucked at using bows. Oh well, I'm more of a Katana main anyway.
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    That's kind of my point. I feel like people put way too much stock on affixing, so seeing it not even mentioned here makes me feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    You are walking on thin ice of becoming a moron there. Try to worry yourself with IRL problems and your random playmates won't appear as troublesome, so you won't need to treat them like shit.
    I don't think being a bit frustrated counts as treating someone like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    if you think pressing shifta is too high of an expectation, you have your own irl problems m8.