Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tunga View Post
    Who uses moment gale on a boss when other PAs are way better.
    The same people that think using Rafoie on Double is a good idea.
    I seriously had those kind of FOs in my last pug.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

I can only imagine Moment Gale vacuum getting in the way when fighting mini-bosses like Wolgarda.

I was also wondering if it was better to just use Zanverse instead of Moment Gale.
    I have trouble discerning the total damage of attacks like Moment Gale that hit tons of times in quick succession.
    I couldn't tell if it was more efficient to deal damage+Zanverse via Moment Gale, or to cast Zanverse and then do something else.
    The reason I thought Zanverse was important was because I thought the Zanverse damage of the entire multi would be much more significant than focusing on my own.

For affixes, the knowledgeable JP friend (I trust them because they've always been reliably accurate with very reasonable judgment) told me these things:
    - The difference between something like 60 ATK and 130 ATK is only a few % worth of extra damage.
    - It's better to get affixes that you can't get via weapon/skill tree, eg. +HP, +PP, +debuff (for classes that benefit from it), etc.
    - That grinding to max is much more important than affixes.

I forget what else they said. This is the way I see it:
    - You can't do damage if you're dead, so you need decent enough defenses to stay alive.
    - More PP means you can get more damage in. You need to somehow balance this with the % of damage you're sacrificing in return for +PP.

These games are designed so that systems like affixes are there to make up for a player's shortcomings.
    So you should generally get whatever best suits your personal playstyle.
    For example, if you die a lot, then get more defense. If you never get hit, then get more offense-related stuff.
    At the same time, there are bonuses in skill trees, latents, etc, that you can't get elsewhere. So you need to prioritize based on that.

To be honest, I wasn't sure if "full strengthen" included affixing. I considered adding it, but decided not to.

In regards to Shifta... sometimes nobody uses it at the teleporter. Which is kinda strange. Usually there's always someone who should be able to.
    I try to put it up if I'm not busy doing something before the teleport.

I avoided using Bow as Br/Hu because I didn't think I had a decent Bow worth using.
    I thought I heard that Kamikaze can be done 3 times before Banish goes off, but I may have misunderstood.
    I haven't gone out of my way to practice using it yet. I really should.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the replies and discussion.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jun 28, 2016 at 04:09 AM.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Well, you can always use MomentGale's Zanverse, and quickly step-cancel to remove most of the suction while maintaining Zanverse (Zanverse is still there when you step-cancel it, no?) if suction is the problem o.o

I personally prefer to cast Zanverse through MomentGale ..... less chance to get interrupted (super armor the moment MomentGale's used, no? Provided you don't have TechChargeParry Ring like I did Ne need to craft Zanverse too ) and faster cast (Use MomentGale - quickly use weapon action ..... forfeiting initial slashes), I think?

To be fair, I mostly use MomentGale's Zanverse when playing support role (or +safety net) TeSu, as asked by mpa lead. So, dunno about damage potential from my PA by itself. But, I believe it's better to quickly cast Zanverse - step cancel - then do something else (other PA maybe, since DPS of MomentGale is the lowest among JB PA, as stated in JP wiki).

Flipped Zesh is also affected by Zondeel / MomentGale's suction too, I believe. I personally MomentGale's Zanverse the chest core after flipped, so, usually less / no suction effect ..... but when I played GuRa, sometimes I saw flipped Zesh moved away slowly (probably Zondeel / MomentGale's suction, since it's not teleporting because of lag ..... TPS mode view range is smaller >.< ). Noticed it because it moved when I'm about to ChainFinish, making the ChainFinish missed.
    Last edited by final_attack; Jun 28, 2016 at 05:13 AM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

The problem is that Zanverse changes the Jetboots element (Why SEGA, Why ?) so this is might be why most of the JB BO use Moment Gale to cast Zanverse.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. What a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post

- You can't do damage if you're dead, so you need decent enough defenses to stay alive.
    This is Golden mantra.

Yeah, I keep seeing people with no stamina affixes, and they probably have something like 600-800 HP.
    Those people also usually have no grinding.

I've been wondering why there are people who have like, +1, +6, +7 units, and then +10 weapons.
    Units are waaaaaaaay easier to grind.

I've used +0 5s Ex8 Saiki over a year, don't ask why.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post

For affixes, the knowledgeable JP friend (I trust them because they've always been reliably accurate with very reasonable judgment) told me these things:
    - The difference between something like 60 ATK and 130 ATK is only a few % worth of extra damage.
    - It's better to get affixes that you can't get via weapon/skill tree, eg. +HP, +PP, +debuff (for classes that benefit from it), etc.
    - That grinding to max is much more important than affixes.

- More PP means you can get more damage in. You need to somehow balance this with the % of damage you're sacrificing in return for +PP.
    this is actually true as well.. a post from a different thread but i do explain how little i lost with a 110 atk loss

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Falco View Post
    to clarify further on how 60 atk loss temporarily is actually ok when i made austere melee units i had a fail on alter arma so my new set ended up 115 95 115 so i was about 110 atk down from my old 145 atk saiki and well... the difference was a "whopping" 500 damage on endo (with 150 atk 60 ele austere katana) OH BOY!

I use zanverse exlusevely from Moment Gale and doing topDPS (20-30% MPA damage) every time in a boss battle. So I see ABSOLUTELY no problems on that matter. I think others shouldn't as well.