Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CoWorker View Post
    *snip*
    I understand how you feel on these social issues, but I'd simply say welcome to the internet, lol.

Anything can happen in the internet in general. If it feels bad/not tolerable for you, you got to get away from it, quickly. Because they are most likely ain't going to stop. It's for your own good man.
    If I were you and get annoyed by it, I simply leave that group/forum, I won't and don't need to think twice.

People tend to forget how silly and/or dangerous the internet can be, lol.

Anyway, if I recall this forum ain't likely going to get into those NSFW pervy topics, cause the mods are explicitly strict and clear about those things, you could at least be happy about that.

Honestly you can thank Japan for promoting all the pedophile shit that we're dealing with right now. Brings out all sorts of vermin from the depths. Suddenly it's okay to masturbate to little girls because they are 2D.

Also lol at people thinking Dark Souls is a serious game.

sigh... i left after more than a month ago, and it really sucks that you have a good hangout place then it gets thrashed by pre-teens who cant control their own libido
    i only checked it a few days back cuz my teammates told us that its screw'd up so badly, and i really need to get off this out of my chest before i dont visit the page ever again...

and yes... the Dark Souls reply is the only thing they can counter to those who isnt "one of them"
    Spoiler!

I never trash on anyone here since most of the time it's the game that's at fault

also
    [*]4chan - ded
    needed to fix that. Probably the most useless place of the bunch
    Last edited by Xaelouse; Jul 1, 2016 at 01:32 AM.

I left the page silently for awhile because I couldn't handle the crap going on. I'm back again and things never change.

Quote Originally Posted by CoWorker View Post

Spoiler!

Who is Jose's avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    We're salty because we care!

Also, I don't get what people call elitism here. Elitism would be trash talking anyone and everyone that doesn't rank high enough in solo TA speed, PDs, CMs, or whatever. The worst that happens here is chewing out people who think they know more than they actually do, and those people usually expose themselves by just what they say. Not what they have or haven't accomplished.

WoW class forums ~10 years ago is real elitism; your opinions on the state of the game, and your class would be invalidated by someone if the four digit number that was your arena rating wasn't high enough.
    My concern over the word Elite lending to Elitism is which "Elite" are we actually defining.

A long time ago, I remember saying "I hate being elite within academia, there is only so much we can actually take all at once" and the professor turned and said "take my word for it; it never gets better, only worse...." and one such person came to us and said "You shouldn't talk about how high and mighty you are in front of everyone" it sparked a fight...

So I am going to spoiler-box two definitions

Elite as Entitlement
    Spoiler!

Elite as Experience
    Spoiler!

I remember in the late 90s/early 2000s something that was very common in public ladders in First Person Shooter (FPS) games.

Elitism as Entitlement
    Spoiler!

Elitism as Experience
    Spoiler!

I find that every genre is plagued by the population who would not be able to see what elite was if it actually hit them in the face. Even worse is the continuous dumbing down of games in each genre to appeal to the public. What that does is actually shorten the endpoints of intensity. If our standard gaming experience could range from -15 to +15, where -15 would be us getting our asses kicked royally and +15 would be us doing the near-impossible; I feel the genres after dumbing down would drop down to -10 - +10 where -10 is "you lost, but its not big deal" and +10 is "You won, but its no big deal" and I feel this is why games are boring and not as interesting anymore. Some games say "If you get a -10 we are going to boost you so that you won't get a -10 and can get closer to a +10. Example is FF XIV where if your party wipes in some boss fights you get something called the "Echo"effect which boosts the party stats...which stack up to a certain point with each loss....

Then we have PSO-2 where the population fabricates their opinion of what elitism is in a cooperative-game, then turn it into a competitive-game using external effects to transform the game into a zero-sum game through having an arbitrary number that represents the individual perception of average class damage. If a person damages above that number, that person wins (+1), and if that person damages below that number, that person loses (-1)... and the winners then harass the losers in any community tied to the game. Even better is the fact that since everyone would have a different opinion and confusion on what is the expected average....almost everyone is a loser to those who are below the 90th percentile of players who are top damage dealers.
    Last edited by Keilyn; Jul 1, 2016 at 05:03 AM.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Ex. Lv6 +5 Lambda Aristin

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    I never trash on anyone here since most of the time it's the game that's at fault

I trash people with my Zanverse DPS. Feels good to be the king.