Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26333435363738 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sol_trigger View Post
    you are not much better either, all you do is bitching about everything in this game at every threads
    Nah.
    I have constructive criticism as well as ideas to fix said bad designs in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunga View Post
    This poor thread is on life support. Someone end the suffering
    The suffering will end when this game gets content or when people find something to do in game hoho

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    Completing a collect file three times is unnecessarily difficult.
    The game is marketed to light users, who probably only get 1-2 hours of game time each day or two.
    Assuming a required EQ falls within the time period that they're able to login and play, you're still looking at a lengthy period of time for them to clear a single file.
    Probably a week or two for the average player. I don't know if the average player always uses boosts or not.
    I'd imagine that most people won't want to do the file again after completing it once, for whatever reason.
    Because they already got the weapon, because the requirements are not fun, because they don't think element is important, because they don't have time, etc.
    Try to imagine things from their perspective, not your own.

And I didn't say ONLY the element was unnecessary difficult. Obviously I was also referring to grinding, affixing, etc.
    Welcome to PSO world, where you really have to specify every sentence clearly, or people will pick holes in every little thing you say.
    You won't even give me the benefit of the doubt on what I'm trying to express. You're immediately looking for holes to ridicule my points.

The fact is a lot of people do not bother maxing element. Partly their fault, but it's also largely because of how PSO2 handles it.
    I've said before that even I did not know how much of a difference element makes.
    And I've often been confused about how weapon element and enemy weakness work. It's not intuitive, it's not obvious.
    I've also had trouble trying to explain to people how to make high element pancakes, and why pancakes are important. People tell me it's too much of a pain.

If SEGA made those systems more obvious, accessible and straightforward, there'd be more people with higher element. SEGA is the only one who can do that.
    If you have a ton of people who don't want to use a system because it's a pain up the ass, then maybe a significant part of the problem is your system, and not everyone else.
    They're targeting casual/light user audiences, while expecting them to learn advanced gaming systems.
    Of course a bunch of people aren't going to be able to keep up. It's not rocket science.

And the fact is SEGA intentionally makes things more difficult than they could, to waste people's time and get them to spend more money.
    If that weren't true, they wouldn't put +5% and +10% element items on AC scratch.
    Or are you trying to say that there aren't people who throw money at SEGA for those AC affixes and AC element items?
    It's designed that way ON PURPOSE. And it negatively affects the overall quality of players as a result.
    If it was that easy to upgrade, upgrade items like +5% element wouldn't cost a fortune.

I don't get the whole thing with blaming users and customers all the time. There is such a thing as bad design.
    Improvement comes from both sides, creator/designer and user. You don't get anywhere from either side trying to blame the other for all failings.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jul 25, 2016 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    The game is marketed to light users, who probably only get 1-2 hours of game time each day or two.
    Assuming a required EQ falls within the time period that they're able to login and play, you're still looking at a lengthy period of time for them to clear a single file.
    Probably a week or two for the average player. I don't know if the average player always uses boosts or not.
    I'd imagine that most people won't want to do the file again after completing it once, for whatever reason.
    Because they already got the weapon, because the requirements are not fun, because they don't think element is important, because they don't have time, etc.
    Try to imagine things from their perspective, not your own.

And I didn't say ONLY the element was unnecessary difficult. Obviously I was also referring to grinding, affixing, etc.
    Welcome to PSO world, where you really have to specify every sentence clearly, or people will pick holes in every little thing you say.
    You won't even give me the benefit of the doubt on what I'm trying to express. You're immediately looking for holes to ridicule my points.

The fact is a lot of people do not bother maxing element. Partly their fault, but it's also largely because of how PSO2 handles it.
    I've said before that even I did not know how much of a difference element makes.
    And I've often been confused about how weapon element and enemy weakness work. It's not intuitive, it's not obvious.
    I've also had trouble trying to explain to people how to make high element pancakes, and why pancakes are important. People tell me it's too much of a pain.

If SEGA made those systems more obvious, accessible and straightforward, there'd be more people with higher element. SEGA is the only one who can do that.
    If you have a ton of people who don't want to use a system because it's a pain up the ass, then maybe a significant part of the problem is your system, and not everyone else.
    They're targeting casual/light user audiences, while expecting them to learn advanced gaming systems.
    Of course a bunch of people aren't going to be able to keep up. It's not rocket science.

And the fact is SEGA intentionally makes things more difficult than they could, to waste people's time and get them to spend more money.
    If that weren't true, they wouldn't put +5% and +10% element items on AC scratch.
    Or are you trying to say that there aren't people who throw money at SEGA for those AC affixes and AC element items?
    It's designed that way ON PURPOSE. And it negatively affects the overall quality of players as a result.
    If it was that easy to upgrade, upgrade items like +5% element wouldn't cost a fortune.

I don't get the whole thing with blaming users and customers all the time. There is such a thing as bad design.
    Improvement comes from both sides, creator/designer and user. You don't get anywhere from either side trying to blame the other for all failings.
    I agree. PSO2 is nowadays an useless game when the only point to play that game is if you have already friends ingame who have started about 2012 or 2013 or you're a big customer of collab clothes and accesories.

However, about the element & grinding systems:

1. Element: Tbh element is only important if you're FO, TE and BO. In other classes, unlike PS Nova, element is purely a secondary point. I know about a HU/FI friend who told me that a 13* top tier weapon can overcome a low tier 13* weapon with full element. If I name PS Nova is because HU and RA has got their own EWH skills, although they only affect to striking and ranged attacks respectively for each class, making element much more important than in PSO2 outside of the caster classes.
    2. Grinding: I agree about grinding. Before the NT weapons, paying 200k for grinding a 13* and then getting a high risk failure per try is a good reason to see people calling the others to access their accounts to grind their characters because they see very bored and expensive that system. Believe me, at least an entire team looked for hardcore people just for grinding... no jokes.
    3. Affixing: I agree about affixing. Affixing is ridiculously expensive after a certain point... yeah, you can put 2 or 3 affixes for a cheap gear, but nowadays no one want gear with less than 4 affixes. In other cases, and because that, many people get frustrated by that system, especially if you're looking for "non-existant" affixes like the fever ones.
    4. And more systems: Crafting, gathering... those systems are generally discarded by casual players because they just want to hit enemies and end of story...

But yeah, PSO2 is basically a japanese version of Second Life because the updates that that game is receiving. Concerts, collabs, campaigns for making more money...

Quote Originally Posted by Sakarisei View Post
    Element: Tbh element is only important if you're FO, TE and BO. In other classes, unlike PS Nova, element is purely a secondary point. I know about a HU/FI friend who told me that a 13* top tier weapon can overcome a low tier 13* weapon with full element. If I name PS Nova is because HU and RA has got their own EWH skills, although they only affect to striking and ranged attacks respectively for each class, making element much more important than in PSO2 outside of the caster classes.
    this is what I've been heard, quote from here (also from different sites and different languages)
    Having element on a weapon adds attack power equal to:

element/100 * weapon attack
    basically it means a weapon with 60 elemental affixing would have 40% more damage than a 20,
    that's why elemental affixing it's the most important thing to to

Sakarisei > you're out of your mind.
    Element is important for every class combination, though indeed more so for classes with element related skills
    As for gathering, I'm pretty sure most casuals are maxed out on gathering skills. The system was introduced to cater to them and get them away from their smartphones...

PSO2 is still the only decent online game in that genre, as far as my tastes are concerned.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Quote Originally Posted by Madevil View Post
    basically it means a weapon with 60 elemental affixing would have 40% more damage than a 20,
    that's why elemental affixing it's the most important thing to to
    That's not really 40% more dmg, it's 40% more atk of the weapon added to the base ATK of that weapon compared to a 20 elem weapon. Like if a weapon has a 1000 base ATK, the 20 elem version will have 1200, and a 60 elem version will have 1600 ATK, without counting elemental weakness. Then if you match elemental weakness, and that element makes dmg dealt +20% (it's just an example bonus, idk the actual dmg bonus of elemental weakness and it seemed to not be the same on every ennemy), the ATK bonus given by elem value will be increased by 20% more than not matching weakness, which mean the 20 elem weapon will have 1240 ATK instead, and the 60 elem version will have 1720 ATK. NOTE : this doesn't apply for techniques, you'll need element conversion for the elem value to increase techniques dmg.
    Last edited by Cyber Meteor; Jul 25, 2016 at 09:34 AM.

Also, uploading some PSO2 musics on Youtube when i got enough time to do it, i might have what you're looking for : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHr...C9cNXO0AjuItAA

Element has a bigger impact for Force and classes with element scaling skills, sure, but it also adds an enormous amount of raw attack power to weapons in general. It's much more noticeable on high attack weapons. I mean, through affixing if you were to get say 100 on all your gear that's 400 attack. On a weapon with 1000 attack, 50% element is 500 for a total of 1500 attack. So I mean it's already close to out-stripping decent enough affixes even on what would be considered a low-end weapon or a class with low attack.

13*s are generally higher than 1000 attack though and have 10% extra element to boot. The most extreme end is Austere Calibur, with a whopping 1636 attack at +10. 1636 * 0.6 = 981.6, lets round that to 982.

982 attack! To match that in affixes you'd need 246 (rounded up) attack on every bit of gear! Point I'm making is element grinding is generally a major boost to your attack power and contributes more than your affixes ever could and is generally a lot easier than affixing, so hells yeah it's a big deal and it'll only get more so if weapon attack gets any higher.

Basically as weapon attack gets higher, attack affixes are gonna get less and less impactful heh.
    Last edited by Raujinn; Jul 25, 2016 at 09:37 AM.

Diminishing returns at work

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Nah.
    I have constructive criticism as well as ideas to fix said bad designs in the game.
    Advances are made by taking a step back and going "nope, could be better". Blindly accepting something as is always leads to stagnation...and boredom :U Quote honestly they have some valid points. I would be yapping my own finger tips off myself if I were to complain about all the issues this game has myself...

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC
    The sad part is that when there's nothing for these the fashion still seems to sell all on it's own.

It seems to be less targeting toward greater income....

and more about trying to drain an extra few bucks from...IDK, .5% of the player base? If that...

It doesn't help that most people that are dedicated to the game are gonna persevere because they know they'll get it eventually.

I honestly would take less runs of an EQ to get something if it meant the EQ was more sparse even... I'm pulling through myself, but man has progeny lost all it's fun...and now it can be really frustrating.

Affixing: I agree about affixing. Affixing is ridiculously expensive after a certain point... yeah, you can put 2 or 3 affixes for a cheap gear, but nowadays no one want gear with less than 4 affixes. In other cases, and because that, many people get frustrated by that system, especially if you're looking for "non-existant" affixes like the fever ones.
    IDK... I don't see people being that demanding of 4 affixes or more. I feel like you generally have it fine with 3 still.

Though it REALLY needs to be toned down of how much you need things like Flict and Modulator. It really effs with how much you can do without spending 300 mil. The only reason these cost absurd amounts is due to how many you need to get it on equipment in the first place. Hell, it's probably the biggest reason Toh'Oh soul is so popular. It's easier to get a set up with Toh'oh soul on the base weapon and get a FF boss soul on something with Flict or Alter then it is to get some crazy set up with like, say, 3 guranz. I'm not even sure how much the PSO2es update will help with it's new receptor ability... especially with it gated behind EQs, which are more of a pain in the rear than the main game's...

But yeah, I feel like there needs to be more thought put into it... I can't say we should just make everything "too easy"(read as: not super grindy...), but there's a certain point where it's far too much.

And everyone here is only so verbal because this is the only MMO with action like this that's any good. And recently, things have not been too well... Just look at the general reaction to Beach Wars 2016