Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default ARKS Interception Silhouette: Yay or Nay?

You get a mecha, you get a mecha, EVERYONE GETS A MECHA!

Waaaaaay back when, the ARKS Interception Silhouette, abbreviated as A.I.S., was introduced with the Emergency Quest "Mining Base Defense: Despair" as a powerful solution to the hordes of Darkers and counter balance to Despair's increased difficulty. Since then, the AIS has appeared in recent content with increasing regularity, including Demise, Magatsu, and Yamato as the result of popular demand. However, AIS-only quests seem to oversimplify the fight by making giving 12 players the exact same stats and tools to fight something big. So, with that in mind,

Should the AIS continue to be featured in future content?
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

As long as they're properly limited to the point of needing to be used strategically as they were in TD, I don't see why not.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Maybe set defeat condition in AIS-exclusive quest.
    Yamato fight was mindnumblingly boring simply because there's no risk for dying at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    As long as they're properly limited to the point of needing to be used strategically as they were in TD, I don't see why not.
    This. When your time is limited and only some players can use AIS at the same time, it encourages skilled play, becaue AIS players feel responsible. The feel that you matter a lot is the main appeal of AIS in TD.

In pure AIS quests the feel is not the same, because everyone is equally responsible. And also equally gimped - that's nature of limited moveset of an AIS.

I prefer it gets retired from here on out. It does not fit into PSO2 at all.

I'm hoping that if TDs get a difficulty upgrade, that AIS is only 1 for each player per run, and that there are more AIS-resistance enemies present.

Yamato can't really be failed but hell, old Elder or Loser can't really be failed either and I don't see people complaining. It's actually a fun fight and while on the easy side, a good MPA will still clear it quicker than random bumblers who have no idea how to dodge attacks or use their photon cannons efficiently.

My answer to more AIs is: yes please. Maybe make their quests a bit harder, but I don't ask for more than that.

BTW mecha are a man's romance, and chicks dig giant robots.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Sol View Post
    I prefer it gets retired from here on out. It does not fit into PSO2 at all.
    Would be nice if the only other vehicles we see on the field weren't the airships and whatever destroyed cars we find littering the cities. I agree that AIS are kind of out of place because before then, there wasn't really any need for anything besides us.

Sure why not, more AIS, but keep them as a strategic resource. I'd personally prefer if we had compact tanks or transforming machine gun motorcycle turrets.
    Last edited by yoshiblue; Jul 19, 2016 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    Maybe set defeat condition in AIS-exclusive quest.
    Yamato fight was mindnumblingly boring simply because there's no risk for dying at all.
    We have limited stock, as seen from the ship we're on. You'd think we'd be limited to only that amount.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If content like Yamato is how they'd be implemented in the future, I'd be more than fine without them.

I mean I had fun with it at first but I'm not interested in more AIS quests with an absurd amount of time and zero consequences for dying.

I find the AIS game-play to be quite boring and never liked the idea of relying on them to carry in the TD/MBD quests. If I wanted to pilot giant mobile machines there are definitely other games I'd rather play.