Default Wired Lances wtf/ftw?

This thread is unrelated to the game mechanic at all (although I love how WL work with new control scheme).
    I’m really curious about origin of this weapon. I think the design is fascinating, if it is unrealistic. I don’t remember weapon like this in PSPo2i, or any previous PS entry, but heroes in games like God of War (called ‘blades of chaos’) or Odin Sphere (called ‘the chain’) had similar weapons.
    So, maybe anybody does know if those have actual prototype somewhere, maybe in real life, maybe in fables. Is there any other games with weapons as strange as wired lances? And how did they came up with the name? it’s wired for sure, but only remotely similar to lances.It's more like... wired claws, or knuckles. Katars maybe, but not lances.
    Last edited by ZerotakerZX; Jul 10, 2016 at 01:03 AM.

Pretty sure they were based on whip weapons. Either PSU, PSPo2, or PSPo2i

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

It's kind of a merge of whips and claws, the only real life reference other than whips I can think of is the kusarigama, but there is not a single art that reminds me of one.

Rope darts?

Sure, the real thing involves a lot of twirling but they look pretty similar.

I remember the devs saying that they were based on wrestling moves fused with something else iirc

Bladed-end high tension wire that served as anchor that supposedly does not pin on anything but still does because photons.

It's pretty much the idea of a kusarigama mixed with someone's God of War fanboyism. :v

It's also really fun, and last I checked, still not as good as more straightforward weapons.

It's also a corruption of two of my favorites; twinclaws and whips, so I harbor salt.

holding current is like a taser