Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

Let's look at it from a new player to pso2 (whether they played the old games or not) stand point:
    There are 2 options:
    1a: Someone who has kept up with pso2 info and has started playing as early as the official opening for this game but wishes to play in English so they patiently play "blind" until most of the menu's etc is done.
    2b: Someone who has never heard of or an old vet of the older games looking to play the official West version
    2. Can't find any news or download about the game so they go through google or w/e to find info and find psow (or straight to Eng Patch Site)
    3. Read stuff on psow, download JP game/Tweaker to play the game in English
    4. They become part of the growing (or dying) Eng Community
    5. They spread this info to friends etc to get them to play
    6. People do the same process or just play in JP
    7. This continues as a whole
    Irrelevant since most of us know this internally.
    You must think of me as a lower intelligence to have to write such a list.

It's almost neither fandom or dedication, my point being is because there is no Western version of the game, people who are actually seeking and willing to do what very little work there is to play the game are playing now therefore it contributes to this whole Eco system or w/e tf you wanna call it.
    It is fandom..
    Unless you think the average joe smoe looks at google to find PSO-2 without knowing about a previous title...
    then reading PSO-W and choosing to do what is asked of them to play a game.

Sorry, but random people hardly join PSO-2 unless they are brought into the game by someone who played one of the previous titles.

Now if the current translation team presence is "high" because the game is popular to an extent to warrant updating the Tweaker/patches over and over is one thing but had they stopped updating and dropped it to go work on/do other things (or loss of interest in general) then I probably would say people would lose interest in the game eventually. Sure some people will pick up where they left but how long will they hold out for? It'll eventually die off along with some of the members who won't play without translations.
    Irrelevant, because the translation team is still working on it; thus the scenario presentation cancels itself out.
    This is why one learns in High School English Writing classes to never use a past-tense "what if" scenario in arguing a point.

I think what I'm getting at is, without the translation team, I dont think the community would be as big as it is now, sure long time vets will play anyways but thats only saying so much. As for the West reaching outside territories, well Dev's for whatever they have don't release the game outside their countries which is a whole other story that i dont want to bother with right now
    Another obvious statement, failing to look at the big picture.
    You also use the words "I don't think..." which means you are not sure.
    Its a failure to take a stance when it counts.

Without a translation team, a community will not be as large due to the fact that big or small; translation teams always create new communities due to language translations. Translate something into another's L1 language and you have a brand new community ready to join in on the fun. This is a universal constant that is backed up by Evidence-Based Practices, and Market Research... Live a little, and don't be afraid to go all-in when its a surefire kill! ^_^
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    You must think of me as a lower intelligence to have to write such a list.
    woah man after this point I do, you literally can't comprehend what I'm trying to express to you (and im generally bad at this) but hell man, there are things you are taking "too literal" and things your missing the point on. But after this post though you come off as a major prick.

haha guess i'll skip your posts from now on (not that I wasn't already doing this). I mean come on man, I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt! but your just slowly screwing yourself over

anyways bro, happy uhh grading posts or whatever your best at

Here I'll humor you via Block 01 and the kids these days:
    Spoiler!

Oh and heres the PM I got and well didn't bother reading past I "I did study music, so I did analyze the voice of those two songs."
    Spoiler!

It's not a wall of text but it was irrelevant to what I said about reactions from the Western players therefore skipped and discarded
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Aug 16, 2016 at 12:07 AM.

Are we actually doing this again?
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Are we actually doing this again?
    If we're talking shenanigans like that thread during Ep4's Maint, nah, don't need Mods going wild again but I'll save the pic for future ref, im expecting a thread clean though

Next boss fight confirmed!

Spoiler!
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

^Hahaha xD
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl-Lina View Post
    Next boss fight confirmed!

Spoiler!
    These clowns are gonna get wiped out without A.I.S for sure. Why did they even try?

Dumb question but... that is shopped or something, right? Please tell me it is.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Dumb question but... that is shopped or something, right? Please tell me it is.
    It justlooks like a mash up of those images they put on the promo pages.

The last time Western players had access to a somewhat "English" version of PSO2 (When the SEA Version was opened for a bit), from what I've seen, many players just played the game for 2-3 days maximum before getting bored and leaving.

I mean, a western version of PSO2 is totally possible. But it won't last more than two years. I think it's because, for some reason, we're so used to playing games once, partially, and leaving them in the dust once we're done. YouTube Let's Players do this a lot, and that has created a certain mindset(?) amongst other gamers. That's why PSO2 West wouldn't live on properly. PSO2 is somewhat of an investment.

Just remember, it'd be useless to keep a game going if there's less than only a couple hundred of players that are actually playing the game.