Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

I think a "pro block" should be based on Gear, not completing specific missions.

It's not as restrictive, and it's always under geared players that tend to hold everyone back. As long as everyone has proper gear, I don't think it should be too bad of a problem.

And honestly, I thought Sega was all about letting beginners and veterans play together, wasn't that the point of blocking the Parser?
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

In sense they're still heading that way. Its just that you have a checkpoint to reach now.

I think it's that they want to make sure veterans have a separate block for doing high-level content. In normal blocks, standard players can eat space in XH blocks without meaning to, which decreases the number of veterans you can stuff into an EQ or Ult field at once.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

My question to that effect is
    Wouldn't Veterans still run most of the content solo to begin with? I can count on my left-hand fingers all the major times people have a need for grouping. What parameters exist to establish who is a veteran and who isn't? So far this thread has been far more subjective than objective....
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Wouldn't Veterans still run most of the content solo to begin with? I can count on my left-hand fingers all the major times people have a need for grouping. What parameters exist to establish who is a veteran and who isn't? So far this thread has been far more subjective than objective....
    Well, I said opinion thread, didn't I?
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    All the SH free fields and the like yes. UQs and EQs, no. Especially EQs.

I know I never aim for 12 people in a UQ but a friend or random stranger is still better...meaning faster runs.

Personally, subjugation is really only happening because EQs fail far worse than they should... I am more blaming Sega for this than the players who come in poorly geared, as Sega does nothing to demonstrate that they shouldn't be attempting XH...a difficulty intended for the "more hardcore".

I know people will argue those "poor newbies with bad gear can't get 13*" but those 13* were never meant for people who weren't serious in the first place .w.; Anyone half serious will have a friend who's well geared or they'll at least grind out a 9* up to +10.

Plus, this whole scheme Sega has is REALLY based on subjective input from the community. It's not surprising all of our responses are like that .w.;

STILL, I can't say I'm a total fan of being like "no you're not godly you don't deserve to play with us".

People do solo UQ. But it's either through a cheese method or their gear is good enough, so the point is moot.

The big question is still "will Amduscia UQ be worth all this ? Sega might (and probably is) over-estimating the difficulty of it. However, that does mean it will be at least quite harder than current UQs, Said block would likely be dedicated to UQ only, and lock only that particular content., and as long as the community doesn't derail and use this kind of block to exclude newbies from other contents (which I hope won't be the case), this could somewhat work

I really don't know if I like this or not, all will depend on whether Amduscia UQ is ruthless enough to warrant all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahri View Post
    For last co of Aika you need use Aika partner on traces XH ONLY.
    You can party up with players anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    The big question is still "will Amduscia UQ be worth all this ? Sega might (and probably is) over-estimating the difficulty of it. However, that does mean it will be at least quite harder than current UQs, Said block would likely be dedicated to UQ only, and lock only that particular content., and as long as the community doesn't derail and use this kind of block to exclude newbies from other contents (which I hope won't be the case), this could somewhat work

I really don't know if I like this or not, all will depend on whether Amduscia UQ is ruthless enough to warrant all this.
    I think it has more to do having a way to keep players who don't know what they're doing away from people who do, more than how hard Amduscia UQ is. The creation of the UQ prompted it, but it's not the only thing this would matter for, it's also pretty important for EQs, and I think the idea is solid, but the quest they chose isn't really going to explain the specific mechanics of each quest.