Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default More 13s -- Yay or Nay?

Go go oversaturation!

So, a year ago, 13* weapons came out, and they were the best of the best. They power creeped 12s to the point where you can now buy them, and having one was a sign of either good luck or hard work. Thus is because they were kind of hard to get, requiring you to play a lot of endgame content to either farm for their materials or just get lucky. Fast forward to today, and 13s are now flying all over the place; there's at least one new 13 for every weapon class coming out every other update, and with Collect File, having a 13 is simply a matter of farming the enemies you need until you complete a Sheet. So with that in mind,

Is there too much focus on adding new 13* weaponry?
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

I'd prefer if they came out with less 13*s over a period of time. I'm okay with collection files as they are, I think of them like a "early bird" bonus where you can get a hold of new gear quickly for a limited time before they become random drops, but having too many available 13*s makes finding one or completing a file feel less special. I wouldn't mind if they came out with more 12*s instead, at least to keep the special feeling of getting your super high rarity weapon.

On the other hand, Austeres still, and hopefully always, will take effort to get, same with a lot of the older 13*s, so getting those still feels like honest hard work.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

There is definitely an over saturation but we are in a time where not having a 13* in general meant you were a noob and that was before the collection sheets. Now its more akin to the fact that there is no reason someone of XH level should have a means of getting one if they tried.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Would like to be able to trade ☆13....... with this many ☆13weapon available and current system now.
    That 10 element difference and higher raw attack ☆13 had over ☆12 gave them advantage indeed ;w;

At least for some who's busy doing things irl, they can just skip the grind part, and can just go straight upgrading their current weapon.

No need to waste too much time to catch up ..... so, less casual and busy people irl can have relatively strong character then they can play together with higher level ones.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Being a main Te, the significantly broad 13* acquisition options that we have now makes for faster and more convenient (and even more casual/laid back) ways for me to easily complete my 13* rainbow wand set (no, Wand E. Change won't replace my precious and beloved Tech C, Parry anytime soon).

So, I give a completely biased "No", this "too much focus on adding new 13*" trend is quite beneficial for me to even miss
    (Plus, there are also a few game-changing 13*s that come out every now and then, so it's always a nice addition)

(as for my other chars however....)
    Last edited by AnikaSteinberg; Sep 4, 2016 at 10:19 PM.

Yay for rainbow 13* plus need more em rappy

Yes, more 13*.

Austere Katana and Orbit TMG were stupidly long farm. Thank God those were done.

Aura DB is cool looking and with pleasing potential / ATK.

Form Scythe / Wand was pleasing to use and the farm wasn't that bad via Riding Quest. Fun stuffs.

I still haven't found a 13* Gunslash that's worth using but without the hardcore farm involved like Orbit / Austere.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

I'm quite tired of 13*s to be honest because these days, I get so many that they end up just sitting in my storage not being useful for anything. I can't sell them for money (understandably so), can't trade them, can't exchange them for stones, and using them to grind weapon elements for 13*s I want to use is prohibitively expensive.

I'd honestly would like for there to be a brand new clean slate of 14* weapons instead of more 13*s so SEGA can make more varied potentials that isn't just damage and PP boosts that seem to be slapped onto almost every 13*. Looking at the weapons in the past, they had all these different quirks and uses, but now everything has to have a damage boost or people won't give it the time of day. The recent Form series is a prime example of a series that I feel would fit right into my vision of 14*s. Then 15*s with the combined traits of 13*s and 14*s could be the final tier of ultimate weapons of some sort for whenever the hell a new difficulty is added.
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]
    ID: Shadowstarkirby
    Character: Dial
    Classes: Hr, Fi/Hu, Hu/Fi, Br/Hu, Bo/Hu, Ra/Hu, Gu/Hu, Te/Fi, Su/Fi, Fo/Te

I have more 13 than I can carry, so no, I don't care about farming and won't start doing it again until 14*, and if only they'll be REALLY useful, since this game is already absurdly easy.

I asked a horse, and this is what it had to say:

Spoiler!
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.