Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelion X.XX View Post
    Right off the bat, I just want to say yes, it's very easy to get carried in this game; especially when pugging, you'll always have maybe 3-4 players carrying the whole MPA (from overparse when I was still using it).

However, I feel that those who "don't feel compelled to upgrade gear", who are constantly dying, or who are 'true' leechers and expect to be carried like 100% of the time are in the minority. I would think that the majority of players want to at least contribute average DPS (despite being a "filthy" casual"), I mean most players don't sincerely enjoy dying and losing, right?

That being said, for most players (I'm appealing to the Average Joe), I think keeping older areas difficult help to a certain extent because they'll learn what class combinations work and what don't work; if they're taking too damn long to kill a boss or keep dying, then go figure, they need to change something, like may be grind their shit?

Ezodagrom also brought up a good point. I think the gap in difficulty from SH -> XH is a bit much for the average new comers and I think it surprises them, it's noticeable when comparing SH TD3 and XH TD3.

To reiterate, leechers will be leechers (and top-dogs will be top-dogs), but for the average joe, I think it'll help them, and thereby help everyone.

And also, I'm all for implementing 'elite' blocks.
    When you put it like that, I can see what you're getting at, I agree that helping the community improve as a whole would help everyone in the long run. That was a great way to explain it, and I whole heartedly agree.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONxNOGARD View Post
    what titles i want one vopar 10* weapon called Rough Mary [ラフメリ]
    I may have been wrong on getting 10* passes, I believe it's just 12* passes that are available from titles, by completing any XH quests 1, 10, and 30 times.
    I really don't recommend using a 10* just for looks, but you can just try to farm for it the old fashioned way, that's always fun.

I'd honestly just recommend find a neat weapon camo and using better gear, but it's up to you I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONxNOGARD View Post
    and i should ussing austere
    And what made you think this?
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

Go back to your puny Dark Souls!
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    I don't think keeping older areas difficult will really help with that. Because even once a newcomer reaches XH and start dying all the time, they still don't feel compelled to upgrade their gear and build their classes in a way that benefits them. Most of the problem lies in that players get too used to being carried, because, honestly, it's easy to get carried in this game, that's not a good thing.

I do agree with you on some of those points, but your use of unnecessary caps and "real gamer" comparisons, starting out the thread with "FAIL" and "!?!?!?!?" for half the post makes it hard to not want to bash my skull into the wall. I mean it's completely irrelevant to the discussion here, so admit I'm being a hypocrite in criticizing that, but I needed to get that off my chest.
    Its not about keeping older areas difficult, its about a progressive difficulty with bosses being thresh holds from rockbear all the way to the current last boss. The way it is now its free wins until XH. No need to learn about upgrades or elements. Vol dragon should have been harder, should have needed to farm gear from him or mobs in his area, hell i dont need any of that it was all given to me at LVLs 1-10.

Starting fresh and im sure for new players this is like entering a dead zone. For English players If its like this until XH most people will quit since its dead/super EZ and those that dont will unknowingly join groups and have to be carried in SH/XH for free boss kills and item drops by those who are geared up. They would continue to join either english or japanese groups to get free gear until they were able to hold their own and learn the upgrade system ect. I could see myself playing thinking im decent and getting to SH joining a party and feeling outclassed by the geared people. Japanese players can see past all of this with tons of others to play and communicate with, events IN JAPAN, internet cafe events, and being part of the basic major group of players.

Its weird really I feel gimped because I cannot learn how to dodge effectively or time my healing after dodging an attack. Why? I take 27-50 damage and have 500+ health and good defense from freebie items, also its insta win with WB and a PA, i can only imagine if i used satellite cannon. I remember at launch you needed to learn these basics and it was fun to!

They should just let people skip to level 60 or super hard if they have this kind of system.

The only saving grace for newbies is that quest card thing. I could have skipped/forgot about koffe and important class npcs without it.

AS FOR THE CAPS! I only used those to try and cheer myself up from discovering this disappointing situation. Also to cause a bit of an uproar. It worked, and I apologize if it caused you pain. To me it was something to laugh at not cause headaches.
    Last edited by Lumir; Sep 18, 2016 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
    Its not about keeping older areas difficult, its about a progressive difficulty with bosses being thresh holds from rockbear all the way to the current last boss. The way it is now its free wins until XH. Vol dragon should have been harder, should have needed to farm gear from him or mobs in his area, hell i dont need any of that it was all given to me at LVLs 1-10.

Starting fresh and im sure for new players this is like entering a dead zone. For English players If its like this until XH most people will quit since its dead/super EZ and those that dont will want to be carried in XH for free boss kills and item drops by those who farmed for XH. Japanese players can see past all of this with tons of others to play and communicate with, events IN JAPAN, internet cafe events, and the language of the game.

Its weird really I feel gimped because I cannot learn how to dodge effectively or time my healing after dodging an attack. Why? I take 27-50 damage and have 500+ health and good defense from freebie items, also its insta win with WB and a PA, i can only imagine if i used satellite cannon.

They should just let people skip to level 60 or super hard.

AS FOR THE CAPS! I only used those to try and cheer myself up from discovering this disappointing situation. Also to cause a bit of an uproar. It worked, and I apologize if it caused you pain. To me it was something to laugh at not cause headaches.
    Well, your opinion would be in the minority.
    The game is doing better then ever with the current content, and method.
    And not alot of other MMORPG does what you want, since it doesn't make it "fun"
    so why should the PSO2 team, do something that the majority of player and current new player aren't interested, why should they cater to a known minority?
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

I feel like this is one of those "it's accessible to everyone, so it sucks" types of deals.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Well, your opinion would be in the minority.
    The game is doing better then ever with the current content, and method.
    And not alot of other MMORPG does what you want, since it doesn't make it "fun"
    so why should the PSO2 team, do something that the majority of player and current new player aren't interested, why should they cater to a known minority?
    Updated my post. For the biggest group (japanese) hell yea do this or even include a skip to lvl 60, but in my case as an english player its sucks, so i can complain here since this is whats left of the english players.

Updated my post. For the biggest group (japanese) hell yea do this or even include a skip to lvl 60, but in my case as an english player its sucks, so i can complain here since this is whats left of the english players.
    The english community also consist of 4chan and reddit and other forums, beside PSO-World, and I doubt you speak for all of them.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Starting fresh and im sure for new players this is like entering a dead zone. For English players If its like this until XH most people will quit since its dead/super EZ and those that dont will unknowingly join groups and have to be carried in SH/XH for free boss kills and item drops by those who are geared up. They would continue to join either english or japanese groups to get free gear until they were able to hold their own and learn the upgrade system ect. I could see myself playing thinking im decent and getting to SH joining a party and feeling outclassed by the geared people. Japanese players can see past all of this with tons of others to play and communicate with, events IN JAPAN, internet cafe events, and being part of the basic major group of players.

The only saving grace for newbies is that quest card thing. I could have skipped/forgot about koffe and important class npcs without it.

(Cut a bit out so the quote wasn't so large)

The english community has it's presence as well, we have tons of guides and multiple sites with information, we have a community that's always helping each other out, a blog that posts all the new information as it comes out, sow e don't miss anything from that. We don't have physical events unfortunately, but we have a community that spans this forum, reddit, and many other sites. To say that the english community doesn't have a real community is silly.

However I do agree with finding ways to help the community grow and learn from the start, to avoid complications in the later parts of the game. I have to disagree on Koffie and class NPCs though, without doing Koffies COs, there is absolutely no way you can access new areas, to unlock new free fields, you HAVE to do her client orders. Same with subclasses, Mags, etc. Class NPCs are also a given, I don't think I've ever heard of someone skipping them like that.

And about the caps and such, I hope there's no hard feelings, I do agree on some of your reasoning, just it felt like it cheapened the discussion a bit to add all of that, this is a good discussion to have, considering the disconnect between new players and veterans at times.

@OP : quit this game if you don't like how it is now, simple . it's no use bitching on the forum dude, find something else to play