Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default [SPOILERS]Phantasy Star Nova and PSO2 Lore and Story Connection

So since PSNova is sort of another different story branch compared to the storyline of PSO2 which is mostly focused on Dark Falz, Profound Darkness and Earth(lol), it's kinda sad that PSO2 doesn't have any sort of cameo from Nova itself.

Is there anyone here who played Nova and and give a full synopsis going on in Planet Makia, and rate the quality writing of the whole story compared to lol EP4?

Spoiler!

By the way, I never knew how much full sales they got when they Nova was realesed so can anyone confirm.

It has the weakest debut sales compared to other portable PS titles that published for sony handheld.

That's still pretty good considering Vita has only sold 1/5 of units the PSP sold in it's lifetime.
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

At a guess, Nova probably isn't considered canon.

We do have a costume from it at least (the chef robot in Franka's Cafe)

Still better than compared to uh.....PSO2 Anime dvd sales i think. Their pushing it too much for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Raujinn View Post
    At a guess, Nova probably isn't considered canon.

We do have a costume from it at least (the chef robot in Franka's Cafe)
    It's canon, though. Not like PSO2 ever brings it up.

I suppose you would look at the Perfect Visual Guide to get a clue. The only connection we have to Nova is Cycleon in Franka's Cafe, who's literally a palette swap of Hyperion from Nova. The Materials Collection did mention Nova... Once.

I want a Photon Fighters minigame.
    Last edited by Altiea; Aug 30, 2016 at 08:04 AM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

If the official material barely even acknowledges it exists it's only barely canon really. Fuck, the anime is more solidly in the canon which is kinda sad.

The problem is that Nova's plot is deliberately designed to be self-contained; the major plot element of the story cannot and will not exist outside of Machia.

Although that makes me think of a plot hole: What are Darkers doing there if there aren't any Photons, ignoring the fact that these Darkers have mutated to be weak to Gran?

Also, there are probably exactly two people on this forum who have delved a lot into Nova, one being myself. It's going to be hard finding people who know anything about it.
    Last edited by Altiea; Aug 30, 2016 at 08:18 AM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Raujinn View Post
    If the official material barely even acknowledges it exists it's only barely canon really. Fuck, the anime is more solidly in the canon which is kinda sad.
    Well, the anime was basically one overly long commercial for PSO2 EP4 but unlike regular commercials, its not as fun and creative. I really wish SEGA released a machinima tool to allow us to make our own cutscenes using the assets they normally use for cutscenes.

... sigh, the mere mention of the anime is like a trigger word here. Maybe we should put up warnings whenever we intend to mention the anime?
    Last edited by loafhero; Aug 30, 2016 at 09:11 AM.

We can't really avoid it because the whole anime thing is sorta connected to the whole EP4. Good thing Itsuki wasn't even one of the main focus of EP4 with only a slight mention.