Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yden View Post
    I hate the solo extreme quest. As a ranger main, they decide to shit on the class by making you fight bosses in small arenas with weak bullet jamming.
    ...You do know that we just got a ring that allows Launchers to get Ranger's Weak Hit Advance perk at all times, right?

Spoiler!

Not the best filter, but still a filter. At least bottom tier players(those who cant be bothered to even cheese it) wont be draging mpas.

But I do agree is a bad test overall, even if they did put the 6-10 instead. Putting enemies that hit harder while making them more squishy doesnt make you perform better in EQs where enemies have their real stats. And is solo...this alone will changes the strategy used compared to playing an actual 12 players quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    I have to agree; though, cheap gimmicks work wonders in it. I ended up clearing it today as a 75/50 HU/SU, using my FO/TE Saiki (ie. no S-ATK affixes), a Lv5 R/Attack Advance, and an Ex.11 50% Ice Red Sword +20 with just Spirita III; I used Sacrifice Bite Type-0 and primarily focused on normal attacks. Never ended up using my half-doll and still had 2 Trimates left at the end. Since I spent a lot of time just running away and Resta-ing when I could, I took me about 10 minutes. And keep in mind, before yesterday, the last time I used a Sword was during Ep.1. If they wanted to be serious about the requirements, there is no way I should be able to get into expert blocks.
    Like I said, not my first choice for an entrance exam. At the very least, cheap gimmicks are still useful outside of Solo XQ. And like EchoFaith above me said, there are people who aren't even good enough to use cheap gimmicks, so hey, there's that.

I mean, I've had a much better time in Expert Blocks than I've ever had before, so I'm just glad we have this at all. This is something that should have been in place from the very beginning, and more properly developed, though.

I have to agree; though, cheap gimmicks work wonders in it. I ended up clearing it today as a 75/50 HU/SU, using my FO/TE Saiki (ie. no S-ATK affixes), a Lv5 R/Attack Advance, and an Ex.11 50% Ice Red Sword +20 with just Spirita III; I used Sacrifice Bite Type-0 and primarily focused on normal attacks. Never ended up using my half-doll and still had 2 Trimates left at the end. Since I spent a lot of time just running away and Resta-ing when I could, I took me about 10 minutes. And keep in mind, before yesterday, the last time I used a Sword was during Ep.1. If they wanted to be serious about the requirements, there is no way I should be able to get into expert blocks.
    were you legitimately trying or seeing how badly your gear could be to clear it?

i have saiki set fully grinded but not crafted( not sure what i should do there) i have AIS , aura and 2 ray rifles ( one of fire with burn and one of lightning with shock) , i just dont undestand how the gryphen can one shot me :/

and for 2nd round i was talking about stage 6 to 10

You got prolly one shot by those "heat seekers bullet" it send when flying. I got one shot too once, even tho it's an easy to dodge attack. Thanks lag

Quote Originally Posted by Yden View Post
    I hate the solo extreme quest. As a ranger main, they decide to shit on the class by making you fight bosses in small arenas with weak bullet jamming.
    Just test stage 6-10 again with launcher ring. At stage 8, just drop cosmos and see mobs burn; stage9, WB-> parallel slide (crafted). Done

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    were you legitimately trying or seeing how badly your gear could be to clear it?
    I had been playing around with HU/SU since I was trying out potential Sword builds for the new character I was going to make (I don't use any character except Kayla for end-game content, so my alts don't always use "standard" class combos), and seeing the survivability I was able to get even when playing a 50/75 SU/HU (while leveling SU), I thought, "Fuck it; I keep dying to Gels as a FO/TE (because of those stupid homing Zans), let's see how this works." Then lo-and-behold, I was able to do it on the first try with that HU/SU build.
    Last edited by Anduril; Oct 10, 2016 at 01:47 AM.

Congrats Anduril.
    I like it when people find their own way to win outside of just sheer convention and brute force.

You tried it in one way and were defeated.
    So you went back to the drawing board and tried whatever way suited your own play style and abilities with the current things that you have and were obtainable.

In short, you thought in the now..
    instead of thinking in regret and "What if I would have done X" attitude.

You should be happy your plan and attempt worked.
    Good Job ^_^
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

I had been playing around with HU/SU since I was trying out potential Sword builds for the new character I was going to make (I don't use any character except Kayla for end-game content, so my alts don't always use "standard" class combos), and seeing the survivability I was able to get even when playing a 50/75 SU/HU (while leveling SU), I thought, "Fuck it; I keep dying to Gels as a FO/TE (because of those stupid homing Zans), let's see how this works." Then lo-and-behold, I was able to do it on the first try with that HU/SU build.
    zandion one shots gels like its nothing without lightning/wind mastery. idk what you were trying to do.