Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

The potential on Gix that was teased is "boosts power under certain conditions". If true, I wouldn't necessarily advise against going for an Austere.

I wouldn't fret it for the next week however, because those conditions may turn out to be not that bad (like Ares) or it could turn out to be awful or too awkward (<30%pp, Griffon weps). The series has a real chance to surpass Austere completely (stat wise they're much stronger) but that rests on the full details on what the potential turns out to be.

and even if dont, there are weapons that compete with austere and work as well like orbit
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76748_3.gif

Austere was designed to be the min-max weapons for tryhards. There are weapons that come near them in power (within a few percent), but require a lot less effort, especially with the help of collection files.

Austere may, in fact, fall out of position because its power is at a fixed point in a game where there is a slow forward creep in the power of new weapons. Many are waiting to see if the Gix weapons from Ultimate Amduscia will, in fact, surpass Austere.

I personally have a few ideas on how Sega can maintain Austere as the best weapon class, but only time will tell if Sega make any changes or simply ignore the situation.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    Austere was designed to be the min-max weapons for tryhards. There are weapons that come near them in power (within a few percent), but require a lot less effort, especially with the help of collection files.

Austere may, in fact, fall out of position because its power is at a fixed point in a game where there is a slow forward creep in the power of new weapons. Many are waiting to see if the Gix weapons from Ultimate Amduscia will, in fact, surpass Austere.

I personally have a few ideas on how Sega can maintain Austere as the best weapon class, but only time will tell if Sega make any changes or simply ignore the situation.
    There's no reason to keep GIX weapons balanced around austere. just give it up already.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyHarken View Post
    There's no reason to keep GIX weapons balanced around austere. just give it up already.
    I agree with this gem of a guy, Austere cant remain the best series forever as much as people like them because if they do,we'll never see any weapon progression. Which is probably why getting a new difficulty has been slugging along lately.

Besides,Austere will still be powerful anyway.
    Theres nothing wrong with not using the toppest of top tier 13*s,hell people are still using their Ares weapons from a long time back.
    And theres nothing wrong with that.

No point pouring your blood,sweat and tears into a weapon just to give up on it when something else comes along you know?

Austere are strong weapons, but what is strong in this game is consistently grinding upper end 13* weapons to max, unlocking their potentials, and affixing them.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Forgot to mention, PSO2es really speeds up getting Galeru and Yurlungur stones, you can gather the Lilipa and Naberius areas once a day for free, and I'll usually get the stones at least 50% of the time.

In case you decide to go for Austere eventually anyways, or any of the other weapons that use those.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyHarken View Post
    There's no reason to keep GIX weapons balanced around austere.
    That's not completely true. Sega could decide that it's worth it to maintain Austere or a weapon class like it as a prestige weapons for those willing to put forth the effort to obtain them.

Then again, it really depends on what Sega feels like doing. Sega certainly could let the Austere weapons go. You can just visit the XQ and AQ exchange shops and look at the old, apparently abandoned 10*s and 11*s (some 12*s too) there and wonder why the costs for them seem so large compared to their worth.

I am just saying I am curious to see what Sega will do.

just give it up already.
    What an odd response. I think you've overestimated how much emotional investment I have in this topic.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

I just wish Sega didn't just keep making them more and more powerful, but instead promote variety in effects and potentials. It seems like everything these days has to be this huge damage increase for anyone to want to use it, and I'd rather have top tier weapons be around the same in terms of stats, and have more unique functions and effects.

What an odd response. I think you've overestimated how much emotional investment I have in this topic.[/QUOTE]

That was more of a response to all the people in general who keep praying that the new weapon series doesn't surpass austere weapons. Or saiki units for that matter, it's incredible how people feel so sad that this 1 year long gear is getting replaced soon.
    Last edited by MightyHarken; Oct 12, 2016 at 05:16 PM.