Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New skill rings

I'm only using the Rear Ray Unit with Mate Lovers currently, but I might try out the Jump ring, seems like it'll be fun to use with Twin Daggers!
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sonichi View Post
    Use charged Aerial Shooting after a jump to gain height, no need to use anything else as a gunner.
    My ..... pallete is already full

Spoiler!

Personally would like to see if JumpDodge will cost PP or not ...... if it cost no PP (or ery little PP), I might make 1.
    1 of drawbacks of Aerial is that PP use for me And kinda rarely used PA feels like it's really expensive to waste slot too .....
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

I don't see why it would cost PP, it's not an Art/Tech. It's an active skill.

I build with S-Charge, so I personally add one Weapon on my palette with Dead Approach - Aerial Shooting - Bullet Squall Type-0. It's a great cheese option.

Also, is it just me, or does it seem like Fighter gets way too many Rings?
    Last edited by Altiea; Oct 30, 2016 at 11:04 PM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    I don't see why it would cost PP, it's not an Art/Tech. It's an active skill.

I build with S-Charge, so I personally add one Weapon on my palette with Dead Approach - Aerial Shooting - Bullet Squall Type-0. It's a great cheese option.

Also, is it just me, or does it seem like Fighter gets way too many Rings?
    It does. Fighter is sega's favorite class. Somehow they think FI is still not good enough.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Fighter getting an aerial move? Finally I can get airborne with Knuckles without having to jump.

I wonder if Jumping Dodge will add iframes to One More Jump. Imagine Solo XQing by spamming jump...

Quote Originally Posted by final_attack View Post
    My ..... pallete is already full

Spoiler!

Personally would like to see if JumpDodge will cost PP or not ...... if it cost no PP (or ery little PP), I might make 1.
    1 of drawbacks of Aerial is that PP use for me And kinda rarely used PA feels like it's really expensive to waste slot too .....
    Any reason you have launcher there? TMG kind of beats out launcher at it's job on a gunner. Aerial is pretty key to gaining air without having to stop fighting too, so I'd learn to make use of it personally, being able to climb up an enemy and also deal damage while doing so is pretty neat, especially with S-Charge as Altiea said. PP definitely shouldn't be a concern on gunner either.

Any reason you have launcher there? TMG kind of beats out launcher at it's job on a gunner. Aerial is pretty key to gaining air without having to stop fighting too, so I'd learn to make use of it personally, being able to climb up an enemy and also deal damage while doing so is pretty neat, especially with S-Charge as Altiea said. PP definitely shouldn't be a concern on gunner either.
    Ah ... more like I'm out of shortcut on my mouse and Razer pad ...... ever since 3 button scheme is introduced ('ω'; )
    Was able to use all 6 palettes when using 2 button before, but 2nd page of 3 button setup needs a shortcut ('ω'; )
    Launcher (Pile Bunker - 30% ZRA) is just there in case for Anga resisting Tmg (ChainFinish ZeroDistance), that slot is there ..... just to fill the blank.

Resta felt pretty important when pugging, felt like a lot of people just didn't care about their health, keep attacking, then died, so at least I'll try to maintain their health from afar should I found that kind of pug (rather than out of Moon, felt comfortable with TPS Talis gameplay and healing slave role, so, yeah, should be no problem .... I have WideSupport ring ready too)

Though after I'm more free irl, might try changing that JB to another Tmg palette (been busy irl =___= ), I'm not sure what combination to use on that pallete o.o; And see if I'm comfortable with PP usage (164 PP after ShowTime)
    Only played a bit here and there lately ;w;

Well, at least I already got another +20 FrontSRoll ..... so I can try out once that new ring came out (gonna put it on RayLeg, replacing current FrontSRoll).
    - Ship 2 -

Quote Originally Posted by final_attack View Post
    Ah ... more like I'm out of shortcut on my mouse and Razer pad ...... ever since 3 button scheme is introduced ('ω'; )
    Was able to use all 6 palettes when using 2 button before, but 2nd page of 3 button setup needs a shortcut ('ω'; )
    Launcher (Pile Bunker - 30% ZRA) is just there in case for Anga resisting Tmg (ChainFinish ZeroDistance), that slot is there ..... just to fill the blank.

Resta felt pretty important when pugging, felt like a lot of people just didn't care about their health, keep attacking, then died, so at least I'll try to maintain their health from afar should I found that kind of pug (rather than out of Moon, felt comfortable with TPS Talis gameplay and healing slave role, so, yeah, should be no problem .... I have WideSupport ring ready too)

Though after I'm more free irl, might try changing that JB to another Tmg palette (been busy irl =___= ), I'm not sure what combination to use on that pallete o.o; And see if I'm comfortable with PP usage (164 PP after ShowTime)
    Only played a bit here and there lately ;w;

Well, at least I already got another +20 FrontSRoll ..... so I can try out once that new ring came out (gonna put it on RayLeg, replacing current FrontSRoll).
    Seems to me like you're trying to fill too many rolls with a single class. Forget about healing, your job is to not get hit and take down bosses quickly, so focus on that. It's not worth it healing others if they're just going to die right away anyway. As for the launcher thing it's understandable, but you do have a rifle, and gunslashes are also an option (which will get mainclass bonus unlike launcher). Personally I only use JB for casting shifta on myself (pair of ES JBs) and for double jumping in Magatsu if needed. The resta talis itself is pretty neat for solo play though, I used that during Odin LQ solos a fair bit.

As for having 164PP after showtime... I'm curious about your setup as most gunners I know at least hit 190~200 in showtime, and some even 230+. Do you have all your capped class bonuses? Are you speccing purely into HP?

Seems to me like you're trying to fill too many rolls with a single class. Forget about healing, your job is to not get hit and take down bosses quickly, so focus on that. It's not worth it healing others if they're just going to die right away anyway. As for the launcher thing it's understandable, but you do have a rifle, and gunslashes are also an option (which will get mainclass bonus unlike launcher). Personally I only use JB for casting shifta on myself (pair of ES JBs) and for double jumping in Magatsu if needed. The resta talis itself is pretty neat for solo play though, I used that during Odin LQ solos a fair bit.

As for having 164PP after showtime... I'm curious about your setup as most gunners I know at least hit 190~200 in showtime, and some even 230+. Do you have all your capped class bonuses? Are you speccing purely into HP?
    Spoiler!

Taken in lobby, so, TimedAbilities didn't count + ShiftaDrinkEX
    Tried to maintain PK should I took a hit (still works for some things atm)

Well, for ChainFinishing ...... Launcher is faster, no charge time, hard to interrupt ......

I also used that ES, since a long time ago, just to double jump and extend Te's shifta .....

I guess I'll re-think later once the new ring implemented ( 'ω')
    Last edited by final_attack; Oct 31, 2016 at 08:14 AM.
    - Ship 2 -