Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New skill rings

It would probably help if Sega decided to divert the development time given to Summoner's yet another pet with several new PAs to giving Bouncer something new and not being fine with Boots having 4 PAs while proper classes are pushing 11 on each weapon. But oh right boots have techs

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    If you're not landing Vinto every 4-5 seconds, then you shouldn't bother playing the weapon. People that think it's a good idea to charge element each time they do that on BO/HU are also bad, honestly. They don't realize they're being gimped by the weapon's own mechanics (the PP being used for techs could be used for Strike Gust type-0 instead). No comment on the class being bottom-tier.

Anyway, new ring doesn't seem worth it except for maybe a boss or two that's small and moves around a lot.
    What this person said. This ring is garbage because the attack might as well be considered hitscan at this point. How awful at aiming do you need to be to need homing that would only matter if you were in TPS and some how miss?

And thank god people pointed out BO is bottom tier(though, I would have to test out that DB snatch ring to see if it does augment anything at all). DBF is improved damage for BO but since it's pretty much needed to keep up outside of periods were Niren is a beast(and even then, it's not enough to keep up with everything everyone else is getting). And the way JB works and how you have to manage weapons with elemental stance, the payout is not worth the effort. At best it's "Not wasting space". And that's not good.

They really make everyone question why they don't just play Fi/Hu Knuckles each update.
    PSO2 characters:
    Spoiler!

Co-leader of LunarBreak on PSO2 Ship2. PM if you wanna team/party up for EQs and UQs!

Makes me wonder how much it would help if BO had a skill that equalized T and S-atk, or had a skill that dumped something like R-atk into them? Or if BO's had the option to link any technique to their boot PAs.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiblue View Post
    Makes me wonder how much it would help if BO had a skill that equalized T and S-atk, or had a skill that dumped something like R-atk into them? Or if BO's had the option to link any technique to their boot PAs.
    I feel bad for bringing up class balance with BO now, but... I think the issue is just the lack of power in their stances for one...making them a weak choice as a sub class. The other issue is the lack of base power for their PAs. A lot of them should be stronger for what they do and make them far less dependent on breakables and DBF. Vinto it's self needs a huge power boost for what it requires(why would I want to charge up the boots then hit for 250k when I can just spam BHS for 250k all day?). Of course, so does Strike and Gran. They could honestly use a Fifth PA at this point... the shift actions are nice but Gran's shift isn't an attack and all and not shifting on Vinto is a massive waste. You also moment gale for the pull+Zanverse so that is questionable. Strike is the only one to benefit as "two in one" and even then you're almost never missing that shift action for the extra damage and now shifta buff.

I just feel like some slight changes to the way guages work and the base power is mainly what they need to do. It's the only class, when excluding the "Not Custom Ragrants or Zonde Type 0" techs that all need massive buffs...with fire only needing partial. A lot of other classes need damage nerfs, not buff everyone to the same level as they keep trying to do.

And in all honesty, they REALLY need to make the DB also use T-atk. For multiple reasons, if only, for one, to give a tad more power to Bo techs when charging for boots via affixing/mag, and to take a bite out of the massive need for s-atk affixes that the whole game needs. There's 8 weapons that need s-atk when ignoring pets. 9 if you count using switch strike with JB. Compare that to 4 r-atk and 3-4 t-atk weapons and you can see where the issues lie. And out of mentioning the uses of each affix for each class, that's 4 classes that could use s-atk, 3 that can use r-atk, and 3 that can use t-atk, when excluding the wild card of Su, so units still suffer.

Just make switch strike also work for switching DB to s-atk for everyone that already affixed s-atk to their bouncer equipment. Eventually you can phase it out when everyone has gotten all new weapons and units.

Put basically, there's a lot of issues with Bo... And rings are not gonna fix them unless they're broken like T-JG.
    PSO2 characters:
    Spoiler!

Co-leader of LunarBreak on PSO2 Ship2. PM if you wanna team/party up for EQs and UQs!

We should have Photon Blade Fever Escape, that should fix BO from being a bad class.
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

In a game that's currently a DPS race(Maybe mother will take more than the scenery from Loser, and make a boss battle that's more clever), that does very little than just make a super tank that is still bested by another class who does the exact same thing, but for more DPS.

Just...give a general boost to PA damage...that's what a lot of of these buffs just need to be. Sure there are some passives that need to be changed up, like bullet keep applying for sub class and all ranged weapons(Hell they can make a damn ring for that, if they have to act that way), but it's mostly the base damage that's questionable.
    PSO2 characters:
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Starryeyedbunny View Post
    They really make everyone question why they don't just play Fi/Hu Knuckles each update.
    Funny you should mention this, I pretty much never play Fighter at all. I only started getting into it because I picked up an Orbit Knuckles from a TD4 a while back.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]