Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

From what I remember personally: teleporting players and even NPCs around, sending whispers to an entire ship at once, breaking Visiphone, summoning infinite loot crystals (although not in public MPAs) and a bunch of other things. Some people also misattribute 2014 DDoS to them, but I don't see any reason why it should be them. It seems like everything they did was more like research than active attempt to harm legitimate players (B20 doesn't count, teehee).

A lot of things they did wouldn't even be possible in a game that is coded properly, even if that game didn't have any security measures, because normally those things would be server-side, not client-side. Their actions are yet another proof that GameGuard doesn't do jack shit against actual hackers if you don't think about security yourself when making your game.

I've still seen the NPC/Player teleportation mentioned on JP fan sites. It's usually listed on guides for what ships new player should join. Ship 2 usually has lists like "Low Population, previous instances of hacking".
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    GameGuard doesn't do jack shit against actual hackers.
    Doesn't stop the hackers but makes it a nightmare for the legit players.

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    Low Population, previous instances of hacking.
    The key word here being "previous", and a long time ago at that.

Quote Originally Posted by acffordyce973 View Post
    Doesn't stop the hackers but makes it a nightmare for the legit players.
    Kinda like certain cancerous types of DRM (at least they can't burn your CD drives anymore). But there are always going to be players who are like "Doesn't happen to me, so you all must be lying cheaters!"

Quote Originally Posted by acffordyce973 View Post
    The key word here being "previous", and a long time ago at that.
    Of course, but it's still something people keep in mind because hacks that have inconvenienced other players have only ever happened in Ship 2 from what I've heard
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Not only, we have popped by other ships, just not often and not to the same extent that we did on ship 2.
    I do believe we did some light NPC moving and player moving on ship 10 as well.

I guess I'm not understanding the instant item/title description translations. Isn't that already covered by the current tweaker with patches?

Quote Originally Posted by Pikadrew View Post
    I guess I'm not understanding the instant item/title description translations. Isn't that already covered by the current tweaker with patches?
    Normally item names aren't translated until they're in your cache, that's why you have to reload menus or go back over items to get them to translate. I assume the instant transtaion don't have to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I assume the instant transtaion don't have to do that.
    That's correct. As soon as you open your inventory the items will be translated.

It's not working. Reverted PSO2Proxy settings to JP --> Configured Telepipe Proxy --> Made sure item / title / PSO2 Proxy plugins are unchecked.

All the ships are offline.

Modifying HOSTS file... Done!
    All normal JP connection settings restored! [OK!]
    You can now connect to the Telepipe-Proxy!

EDIT: My Windows host file does not contain Telepipe Proxy stuffs. Is this expected?

EDIT 2: It is expected. Also, SEA players will see ship lists as "Unknown" even if they can log in.

"If you are having issues connecting to the proxy, download this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...eProxyData.zip Extract these files to your pso2_bin folder. Go into the properties of the proxy.txt and publickey.blob files by right clicking on them, and make sure that Read-Only and Unblock is checked in the General tab (Unblock might not be there, if so, this is fine). Then when running the tweaker, make sure that only the TelepipeProxy.dll is checked. Then launch the game" ~Kyle
    Last edited by elryan; Nov 19, 2016 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.